• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PTSD

You’re all too sensi.

I’m about to bang a hooker, do coke off her ass, drink till I blackout, and then stand in front of my window staring into the abyss wondering where it all went wrong.

I’m handling everything in a very healthy and positive manner. My honorary battle buddy, Fatal_Bert Fatal_Bert will back me up.
Sounds spicy…. Oops! Sorry

My buddy too. 16 years with the Marine Corps and multiple tours to the dunes.

Just to try and shed a little light on it, he wasn’t making fun or joking around about ptsd. He was trying to DESCRIBE it. Seems like a creative and accurate description. Even for a Marine… 🤣👍
Yeah makes complete sense to me. That's my coworker in a nutshell. Marine as well. He'll get really dark on you for a few then come back. One second you're like oh damn are you OK, and the next we're joking about something or talking football.

When he first started we got along pretty well with similar interests so he's definitely opened up quite a bit over the years. Sometimes I have to tell him though hey that's a little too deep but I'll listen, just don't know what to say.

Nah, if he has it, he has it, each person deals with it differently, if he saw combat, he has a right to call it what ever he wants. I meet with a PTSD group each week. Some have problems dealing with it, they're recovering alcohols , substance abusers etc. others have come to grip with it, there's technically no cure (as of now) for it. It's a disease of the mind. I deal with mind by not dwelling on the past, but of the future. I can't change what has been, but I can change what will be. Sadly, my wife died in January of this year, she was the ying to my yang and her Father was a medic in Normandy on D Day, so she understood as a child what it was like dealing with a Veteran and she understood what I had gone thru in 67-68 in the Mekong and 69 in Walter Reed, when I felt anger, she'd just hold me and whisper, "Just let it go, I love you", you can't find another one like that. At least your friend has a sense of humor and that's a good thing, in todays world too many of us lose that, good for him and good luck :thumb:
Thank you for your service, for telling a bit of your story and for your perspective. God Bless You!

Yeah makes complete sense to me. That's my coworker in a nutshell. Marine as well. He'll get really dark on you for a few then come back. One second you're like oh damn are you OK, and the next we're joking about something or talking football.

When he first started we got along pretty well with similar interests so he's definitely opened up quite a bit over the years. Sometimes I have to tell him though hey that's a little too deep but I'll listen, just don't know what to say.
Thank him for us

You’re all too sensi.

I’m about to bang a hooker, do coke off her ass, drink till I blackout, and then stand in front of my window staring into the abyss wondering where it all went wrong.

I’m handling everything in a very healthy and positive manner. My honorary battle buddy, Fatal_Bert Fatal_Bert will back me up.
PTSD is a myth made up by the enemy. It's not real, anyone who says otherwise is working for the enemy.

Back
Top Bottom