• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

PTSD

I don’t know honestly. You think cops, medical staff, and firefighters would have it way worse, same for anyone who’s had something horrific happen.
I have some cop friends that are pretty F’ed from the stuff they’ve seen. The intensity may not be as bad as in combat, but think of the toll of low intensity PTSD for 20-30 years…

(PTSD) is a mental health condition that's triggered by a terrifying event — either experiencing it or witnessing it. Symptoms may include flashbacks, nightmares and severe anxiety, as well as uncontrollable thoughts about the event - putting a different label on mental health condition can be helpful - Spicy Deja Vu (is it a disorder is it terrifying) alert or aroused not debilitating nervousness it probably infers some skills or tools have been developed to reduce it to a level you can admit you have it and deal with it

I wasn’t in the military but I know Im a slightly damaged soul from what I seen as a Paramedic. The dark sarcastic humor that is apart of my persona was a coping mechanism. I worked with several medics that left the fire service to go overseas. Many came back very different people. Some tried to come back to the fire service but couldn’t deal with the pettiness of it all in comparison with what they dealt with over seas.

I don’t mean to come off being a jerk in this thread. It’s something I will speak jokingly with people directly. It’s also something I take seriously. But I am sure the op takes it seriously as well. We can joke about serious problems, I know. Apologies if I came off too sanctimonious. Nothing but respect for op and not trying to slight him.

i spent 6 years in the sandbox. have my large share of ptsd. i thought OP's Spicey Deja Vu comment was funny as ****. laughter and talking about is the best way for a majority of us to deal with along with a seriously ****ed up sense of humor. G GFB its a joke not a penis, dont take it so hard!!
Yeah, I will get my knickers untwisted. You’re right.

Back
Top Bottom