• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Puerto Rico Says Will Default Tomorrow, Begs Congress For Help "Or Else Crisis Will Get Worse"

You can expect the MSM to obediently ignore and down play this. The Fed will intervene behind the scenes to secure a way to keep floating their debt.

I was there recently and all I can say is that they don't want to assimilate and be American any more than most Muslims. Everyone acts like they don't speak English and they think it's hilarious if you don't speak Spanish and can't communicate. What is the point of our relationship with them if they aren't going to become a state?

I was there recently and all I can say is that they don't want to assimilate and be American any more than most Muslims. Everyone acts like they don't speak English and they think it's hilarious if you don't speak Spanish and can't communicate. What is the point of our relationship with them if they aren't going to become a state?
because they like federal dollars?

same as every other ****bag. they want the unity of a federal system but only because of the payout it brings

ODT group buy Vieques Island. Should be pretty cheap. Turn it into a tropical paradise shooting range. Was good enough for the Navy!

www.zerohedge.com_sites_default_files_imagecache_fp_thumb_imag32049aeaf62b606ed470179d1a45c54c.jpg

2008 Deja Vu? Treasury Warns Congress - Bailout Puerto Rico Or Risk "Chaotic Unwinds... Cascading Defaults" | Zero Hedge

My first wife's parents are mostly Rican. Father in law is still there. And yeah I agy about them not wanting to speak English. What's worse is that they look down on every other Hispanic country. They have this superiority complex because they're a U.S. territory. And they act really nasty to Mexicans and Central Americans. I say **** them! Can we scrap out a whole territory? Could we sell it to Cuba? Cause we damn sure don't need them.

Appears there are some winners...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/16/business/puerto-rico-housing-foreclosures.html

In the past several years, a slew of bargain-hunting banks, hedge funds and other financial institutions descended on Puerto Rico to scoop up distressed residential mortgages and foreclosed homes. The list includes big investment banks like Credit Suisse and Goldman Sachs and smaller boutiques including Perella Weinberg and an affiliate of the private-equity firm TPG Capital, which is an investor in a Cayman Islands mortgage investment company.

The recent devastation is likely to further depress housing prices. That’s partly because the “mass exodus” of Puerto Ricans going to the continental United States means the demand for housing “has gone down substantially,” said Laurie Goodman, director of the Urban Institute’s Housing Finance Policy Center.

Back
Top Bottom