• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Q Two Piece BCG

seems unnecessary? I've got a metric ton of rounds through ARs and have shot 3 gun for years with high round count guys, I seldom hear about pins breaking unless they are made incorrectly, and that happens early. I don't see what problem this solves besides separating people from their money.

But if the Ass End was Aluminum or Titanium to save weight it would make more sense.

I’m just not seeing bolt bounce being an issue, outside of select-fire weapons.

A properly-built AR, that has a balanced gas/buffer system, won’t suffer from that issue.

The Vltor A5 buffer system was proven by the USMC to be the most reliable buffer system available, even more reliable than the M16A4 rifle buffer system. Part of Vltor’s patent is the extra spring inside the buffer that reduces bolt bounce. I trust the proven A5 system a lot more than whatever Q has cooked up.

If you’re worried about bolt bounce for some reason, get the Vltor A5. I’m not, but I run it anyways, for all the additional benefits.

All my AR's that I rely on for any "defensive" work have the VLTOR A5 buffers and Rubber City Enhanced BCG's.
This Q BCG is interesting. Not going to knock it because I have had no time with it.
Not a fan of his, but he does produce a nice product every now and then (I just picked up the Kickstand last week)

I’m just not seeing bolt bounce being an issue, outside of select-fire weapons.

A properly-built AR, that has a balanced gas/buffer system, won’t suffer from that issue.

The Vltor A5 buffer system was proven by the USMC to be the most reliable buffer system available, even more reliable than the M16A4 rifle buffer system. Part of Vltor’s patent is the extra spring inside the buffer that reduces bolt bounce. I trust the proven A5 system a lot more than whatever Q has cooked up.

If you’re worried about bolt bounce for some reason, get the Vltor A5. I’m not, but I run it anyways, for all the additional benefits.
The only real issue Garand Thumb had with the Honey Badger was bolt bounce. He did a pretty long in depth review. IF this BCG can help bolt bounce in my HB I will buy one.

I think this is for their guns…because you can’t really mess with their weird buffer and still keep the shorty stock. Hopefully we will get some side by side comparisons inside a HB.

I see no use in any other AR I own. They all run a5 length extensions.

The only real issue Garand Thumb had with the Honey Badger was bolt bounce. He did a pretty long in depth review. IF this BCG can help bolt bounce in my HB I will buy one.

I think this is for their guns…because you can’t really mess with their weird buffer and still keep the shorty stock. Hopefully we will get some side by side comparisons inside a HB.

I see no use in any other AR I own. They all run a5 length extensions.

As a specific weird part, to use in a specific weird gun, I can see where it has its possibilities.

When I spoke on it, I was referring to its use in general AR’s across the board.

Back
Top Bottom