Question about a honda

Well you'll have to pull down the crank and get a look but obviously the piston and rod smacked the valve pretty hard on that hole. But you'll have to inspect to know for sure. The usual suspect is lack of lubrication on bottom end failures.

Well you'll have to pull down the crank and get a look but obviously the piston and rod smacked the valve pretty hard on that hole. But you'll have to inspect to know for sure. The usual suspect is lack of lubrication on bottom end failures.

This is it... When that piston smacked those valves it did damage to the connecting rod also. Did you have to replace any of the pistons

^This.
Sometimes I've seen the head snapped off and the motor is still turning and catches the broken head on its side and squished between head and piston. Also debris can cause the rotors in the oil pump to get damaged and lower the pressure or volume. Debris can also block passages completely. The pan should have been dropped and visual inspection and cleaning done at the least. Otherwise you risk this very problem right after a repair.

I know I am late, but this can happen as when you shave the head you allow more compression,thus more pressure on the bottom end.When this happens, it means your bottom end wasn't healthy and honestly I always warn my customers about this could happen with such higher miles on any car.I have done tons of hondas and out of all those only a couple had to get a rebuilt bottom end also.
Sometimes when the miles are this high,just replace the whole end...

Back
Top Bottom