• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Question about buffer

I skip the hit and order a premium adj. Stock kit from the get. It has a upgraded T2 or H2 buffer ( depending on manufacturer as to letter used ) the gun just runs a lot smoother. I start with a T2/H2 buffer on my 6.8 builds and usually go with a T3 buffer on the shorter barrel. As a matter of fact I need to order a couple this Friday.
My take on the silent captured spring is that's a lot of money to quiet the spring down. I just use a little mobile 28 grease on the spring. Stays quiet and slows wear in the tube " receiver extention ". I don't use gobs of it. All it takes is a almost ( almost ) an unnoticeable amount just to absorb the vibrations and quiet it down, smooth the charging feel and just runs smoother to me. I pulled one of my buffer springs out and took a pic so you can get an idea of how much lube I use. It isn't much at all and believe it or not that's all it takes to turn your AR15 around from sounding like a NERF gun to a precision rifle. Every now ( once a year ) and then I take a shotgun cleaning rod ( just the top part with the handle) and use 12 Guage brush and wrap a shop rag around it. Swab out the buffer tube clean and spray the grease off the spring. Re-apply Mobile 28 ( it's red so you can see when it's dirty ) just enough to coat the spring. If you use to much it won't cycle in the winter months. Just try it. It can always be cleaned off but I think you will like the way your rifle responds. It cost next to nothing so trying it cost nothing. It doesn't take much at all. Just a light coat will solve all your wows.

Attachments

• 16619948000392317502947784036941.jpg
    16619948000392317502947784036941.jpg
    366.5 KB · Views: 11
I skip the hit and order a premium adj. Stock kit from the get. It has a upgraded T2 or H2 buffer ( depending on manufacturer as to letter used ) the gun just runs a lot smoother. I start with a T2/H2 buffer on my 6.8 builds and usually go with a T3 buffer on the shorter barrel. As a matter of fact I need to order a couple this Friday.
My take on the silent captured spring is that's a lot of money to quiet the spring down. I just use a little mobile 28 grease on the spring. Stays quiet and slows wear in the tube " receiver extention ". I don't use gobs of it. All it takes is a almost ( almost ) an unnoticeable amount just to absorb the vibrations and quiet it down, smooth the charging feel and just runs smoother to me. I pulled one of my buffer springs out and took a pic so you can get an idea of how much lube I use. It isn't much at all and believe it or not that's all it takes to turn your AR15 around from sounding like a NERF gun to a precision rifle. Every now ( once a year ) and then I take a shotgun cleaning rod ( just the top part with the handle) and use 12 Guage brush and wrap a shop rag around it. Swab out the buffer tube clean and spray the grease off the spring. Re-apply Mobile 28 ( it's red so you can see when it's dirty ) just enough to coat the spring. If you use to much it won't cycle in the winter months. Just try it. It can always be cleaned off but I think you will like the way your rifle responds. It cost next to nothing so trying it cost nothing. It doesn't take much at all. Just a light coat will solve all your wows.

Awesome thanks brother

Back
Top Bottom