question about selling an inherited shotgun

I'm in the hang on to it and think hard before you sell it camp. Give it some time and kick it around for a while. Once it's gone it's gone forever.

I appreciate everyone sharing their thoughts with me. At this point I am leaning toward keeping it. It goes back to my great grandfather, handed down through the generations. Even though I no longer hunt (I have been a vegan for over twenty years), it has great sentimental value. My wife has been on my ass to sell it, but I keep deflecting her as much as I can. I recently lost my job, which is why I was inquiring about how much it was worth, but judging from some of your comments I realize that I would regret parting with it. The loss of the memories that go along with this shotgun wouldn't be offset by the minimal amount that I would get - not sure at this point I could live with losing it in such a way.
thanks again, all of you have been great!

I appreciate everyone sharing their thoughts with me. At this point I am leaning toward keeping it. It goes back to my great grandfather, handed down through the generations. Even though I no longer hunt (I have been a vegan for over twenty years), it has great sentimental value. My wife has been on my ass to sell it, but I keep deflecting her as much as I can. I recently lost my job, which is why I was inquiring about how much it was worth, but judging from some of your comments I realize that I would regret parting with it. The loss of the memories that go along with this shotgun wouldn't be offset by the minimal amount that I would get - not sure at this point I could live with losing it in such a way.
thanks again, all of you have been great!
:whoo:Just move it out of the house to relieve the wife's fears. Out of sight, out of mind.

In case any of you guys are interested:

I inherited a rare Glock from my dad. Not sure what it's worth. It may be customized. And I think he stippled it.
But I'm willing to let it go for $1000.

Thanks for thoughts and comments, I really appreciate it! Great forum.

OK, along with others on here I must ask, why would you sell a find firearm that belonged to your father. I had this same discussion with a family member this weekend when I bought a couple of my granddads guns that he was going to sell to strangers. I did not need them and they were left to him which should mean a lot to you in my book. You may have no use for firearms and that is your prerogative but hold on to it, take care of it and give it to someone in your family who will keep and value it for what it is, a part of your heritage. Oh, and by the way, it likely didn't cost you a penny so don't try to make a killing off of a family member who will value it more than money.

End of rant, but it had to be said!!! :amen:

Back
Top Bottom