Question About Termite Control

Swab

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
153   0
Reaction score
I currently have a Sentricon type system at my house that is serviced by Arrow. I typically pay it no attention until I get the bill at the end of the year. I’m not sure what Arrow is doing throughout the year but whatever it is, it doesn’t seem like $400 worth.

Does anyone have any experience with alternative methods, i.e. liquid barriers etc, that are more cost effective while still providing adequate protection?

I know I have some sort of “termite bond” with Arrow to cover damages to the structure so I’d like to retain that sort of piece of mind.

I use a service , also on the Sentricon system. Mine is $77 /qtr . ($308/yr)
They come out , inspect the Sentricons, replace any broken/missing pods, if sign of termites they run the poison. Also they go around the house and apply a granular around the perimeter for insect control, dust all window and entry way.

I have not had any experience with swapping from one type system to another but the Sentricon is supposed to work well. I have had a sign of termite activity 4/5 times in 15+ yrs. The system catches the invasion before it happens and the poison kills them down.

I think you will find any service you use is going to cost that much. I just pay it and try to stay on top of them checking the pods and all. If you want to keep the bond to stay in place you will have to use someone.
Supposedly if you use the liquid barrier, it stays treated unless you disturb the dirt around the foundation.

I use a service , also on the Sentricon system. Mine is $77 /qtr . ($308/yr)
They come out , inspect the Sentricons, replace any broken/missing pods, if sign of termites they run the poison. Also they go around the house and apply a granular around the perimeter for insect control, dust all window and entry way.

I have not had any experience with swapping from one type system to another but the Sentricon is supposed to work well. I have had a sign of termite activity 4/5 times in 15+ yrs. The system catches the invasion before it happens and the poison kills them down.

I think you will find any service you use is going to cost that much. I just pay it and try to stay on top of them checking the pods and all. If you want to keep the bond to stay in place you will have to use someone.
Supposedly if you use the liquid barrier, it stays treated unless you disturb the dirt around the foundation.
I guess it wouldn’t be so bad if they went the extra 1/4 mile to do the granular thing and windows for other pests. All I get is a blank carbon copy receipt showing that someone at least came to my house...for something.

I guess it wouldn’t be so bad if they went the extra 1/4 mile to do the granular thing and windows for other pests. All I get is a blank carbon copy receipt showing that someone at least came to my house...for something.
Yep....and the only way to make sure they are checking and keeping up with the pods is to watch them. Either by being there or by camera .
It is just as with any other service that is easy to cheat on. :mad:
I built a rapport with these guys over time. They know i stay on them because i am home most of the time. If i am not here the cams watch them do what they are paid for.

The guys i use are Gregory Pest , they bought the ‘mom and pop’ local biz i was using.
I can give you their info if you want. Just PM me. :)

I currently have a Sentricon type system at my house that is serviced by Arrow. I typically pay it no attention until I get the bill at the end of the year. I’m not sure what Arrow is doing throughout the year but whatever it is, it doesn’t seem like $400 worth.

Does anyone have any experience with alternative methods, i.e. liquid barriers etc, that are more cost effective while still providing adequate protection?

I know I have some sort of “termite bond” with Arrow to cover damages to the structure so I’d like to retain that sort of piece of mind.
Arrow's annual fee, like most things, has a degree of flexability.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Those things with 5" green caps covering a tube that's buried. They contain a piece of wood. If the wood gets eaten, then they actually use a liquid chemical that does the killing. Thing is the chemical is not long lasting.

That's what Lavender & White Pest Control does for me at my house. The meth head "tech" just sits in his little white pickup truck in the driveway for about 30 minutes then gets out and puts a bill on the door in the carport. They don't actually check for termites or anything like that, just gives me the bill.

That's what Lavender & White Pest Control does for me at my house. The meth head "tech" just sits in his little white pickup truck in the driveway for about 30 minutes then gets out and puts a bill on the door in the carport. They don't actually check for termites or anything like that, just gives me the bill.
At least I’m not alone, lol

You’re paying $400 for the bond. Terminix charges me close to that. I personally dont care how close the tech looks at my house on an annual basis. I inspect myself in more detail because its my house, not his. So I dont care what they do. As long as I have the bond.

Back
Top Bottom