• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question for you Don Juans and Casanovas who know how to woo the ladies...

It took me a minute there... ;) I was wondering what a CZ had to do with this??? :becky:

cdn.cz_usa.com_hammer_wp_content_uploads_2014_04_cz_usa_cz_p_071_480x320.png
haha, Yea I thought about that after I posted it

Jareds, near Gwinnett mall, go there often carry but always ccw, I wouldn't advise even hitting a pawn shop open carry and be looking at the jewelry.

New jewelry has has a ridiculous markup. I would definitely check with all the reputable pawn shops in your area. If they're worth a flip they'll have diamond testers on site and will be happy to test them in front of you.

Get yourself a cheap jewelers loop so you can check the prongs. Also with the loop you can check for tiny black spots in the diamond, that's a good sign cause it lets you know it's real.

Most pawn shops don't to a good job, if any at all, of cleaning and polishing. So if you find something you like don't shy away if it's a little dirty, you can take it to a jeweler and they make it bling as well as anything in a big retail store and you're still gonna pay a small fraction of the price.

Buying new jewelry reatail is for suckers.

If you're a veteran you may want to join USAA and see about looking at their online merchandise services.

Last time I bought serious jewelry at a brick and mortar it was from the Shane company in 1981. I thought there's a jewelry dealer that gives away a rifle with jewelry purchases. Seen the billboards before, just can't remember the name. D. Geller and Sons?

Haven't bought diamonds in a while but I did buy a nice pair of pearl earrings from USAA for my daughter for her wedding. Exceptional quality at reasonable prices.

I know we all like to save money, but don't buy your girl jewelry from a pawn shop. Women want something that's their own, not something that's been hocked at a pawn shop.

I can hear it now..."Oh honey they're beautiful, where did you get them? Umm(gulp), you know that pawn shop on 5th and Main?"

Two seconds later you'll see the smile disappeare from her face. Chicks think different from guys bro....it's not a nice hunting rifle we're talking about.

Chicks calculate how relatively expensive/much of a pain in the ass a gift was in how they 'value' it. As in how much credit they are going to give you (to get in their pants or to forgive some past or future sin). Its quality/cost is not as important. Heck neither is if they even like it or not.

Head to the America's Mart in Downtown Atlanta. I have several jewelers in there that handily beat the retail folks. Usually a third less.
You do have to sign in, but no metal detectors so I have CC'd there since 1991.

Back
Top Bottom