• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Question for you guys....concerning what I should do re: an M1

daytonlawvol

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
57   1
Reaction score
I have an opportunity to buy a Winchester M1 rifle, where the receiver is the only Winchester Park and everything else is post for Springfield for $1050 or I send in an order for two more service grade luck of the draw M1s for $1430.

If the Winchester had more Winchester parts, it would probably be a no-brainer. And no, I can't afford to do both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd wait for the CMP to get more Winchesters in as part of the Philippine return.

They had Service Grade and Field Grade WRAs recently for $930 and $830.

The price of $1050 is about market rate for a mix master Winnie. I just sold one for $1080 with mostly Springfield parts.

I have an opportunity to buy a Winchester M1 rifle, where the receiver is the only Winchester Park and everything else is post for Springfield for $1050 or I send in an order for two more service grade luck of the draw M1s for $1430.

If the Winchester had more Winchester parts, it would probably be a no-brainer. And no, I can't afford to do both

Buy two now. Just because...

Because two is greater than one.

I have a Springfield, hoping I get an HRA in my pending order with CMP....I was going to do another order for two more, or just get the Winchester. If I do that, good chance I have Springfield, HRA and Winchester covered.

I'd wait for the CMP to get more Winchesters in as part of the Philippine return.

They had Service Grade and Field Grade WRAs recently for $930 and $830.

The price of $1050 is about market rate for a mix master Winnie. I just sold one for $1080 with mostly Springfield parts.

+1 on this! I'm trying my best to be patient and wait for the next wave for a HRA. I made a few trips to the CMP store this year but I kept coming back with Winchesters! They did have a few with WRA barrels but I think they dried up pretty quick. I also thought about doing the mail order thing but I asked the folks at the store and they said all of them going out now were SAs. That was a couple of months ago though so that may have changed.

If the one you are looking at currently is a Win-13 the receiver may be worth more than the asking price. Some have sold on G'broker for close to a grand.

Back
Top Bottom