• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Questions about possible training in Savannah area

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
197   0
Reaction score
Got a 2-parter here:

1. Anyone familiar with a facility that I can use in the Savannah area to teach a live-fire carbine course? I am fully insured and will add the facility on my rider.

2. Anyone here interested in attending such a course?

I don’t have the particulars worked out yet, but I’ve had a group of folks ask me to travel down to their neck of the woods for a 1- or 2-day carbine-specific course.

We’re discussing what training they’re looking for, but as of right now individual tactics, lowlight, and Team tactics are all on the table.

Don’t have a date or cost, but early in 2020 is probable and cost will probably be $250-$300/day, depending on how many folks we get and how much the use of the facility will cost.

Semper Fi!

I am only familiar with 17 South Rod & Gun. I haven’t actually ever visited or used the facility though as I’m not a member. I just know where it is because there was a class scheduled there that was unfortunately cancelled and I have a coworker who is a member.

I’m down for pretty much any firearms training that’s being held here in Savannah.

The Savannah area would be a great venue for training. It has an active shooting scene. It's a "destination" in that family trips could be combined with a class. It has plenty of hotels, etc. However, it just doesn't seem to have much actually going in the way of training.

There has been a few inquiries about a range/ training location in Alma. It’s not somewhere I am directly familiar but would be eager to join in on.

Gotcha. If you guys can make it happen I would love to attend to be able to attend a class there. I realize it takes at least a few people to make a class but based on previous responses it seemed like there was a little more interest in that area versus Savannah or Brunswick.

Gotcha. If you guys can make it happen I would love to attend to be able to attend a class there. I realize it takes at least a few people to make a class but based on previous responses it seemed like there was a little more interest in that area versus Savannah or Brunswick.

I would very much like to run a class down in that area.

Only way I will do a class in that area is if I have someone on that end with contacts that can push the class and get folks interested in it. I can’t gamble on attendance in an area that is a 9-hour round trip drive for me. Fuel, food, 1-2 nights lodgings, etc. I have to know that I can recoup that AND show a profit.

Back
Top Bottom