• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

QUick decapping.

There is a lot of good advice in this thread.

Here is mine.

If you are working with pistol cases, tumble them with the primers still installed in a standard vibratory tumbler. De-cap and size at the same time. The final product will shoot just as well at 25 yards or less.

The primer pockets do not need to be cleaned.

They do need to be dry. If you are using a wet system, then yes, you will need to de-cap the cases first.

Good point. I wet tumble so I decap first, but if I dry tumbled thats how I would do it. I wouldn't worry about clean primer pockets.

Good point. I wet tumble so I decap first, but if I dry tumbled thats how I would do it. I wouldn't worry about clean primer pockets.

I'll keep that in mind! I think my tumbler can do both! It's got a rubber seal but mfg recommended a little bit of lemon shine.

Sparked. Picked up my single stage press today. I didn't know that it deposit the primes inside and out the bottom. If I mount it, I'll have to unmount every 500 case or so to empty it. How did you set it up where you don't have to unmount? I don't feel like unscrewing the nut every 500 rounds.

Sparked. Picked up my single stage press today. I didn't know that it deposit the primes inside and out the bottom. If I mount it, I'll have to unmount every 500 case or so to empty it. How did you set it up where you don't have to unmount? I don't feel like unscrewing the nut every 500 rounds.

Not sure on that particular press but my Pro 1000 does that. I drilled a hole in the bench and keep a bucket under it.

I marked with a pencil through the drop hole, removed the press and drill and camfered with a countersink to make sure they go down.

Back
Top Bottom