• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Quick Glock refinish. Update

olchevy

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
138   0
Reaction score
Tell me what you think?

I recently came into a beater Glock for a great price. I really needed money so I bought this for cheap and sold my two like new Glocks to get the cash I needed. This now is my only pistol.

This is when I first got it, perfectly functional but rough and heavily carried.

i253.photobucket.com_albums_hh47_mazdaoffroad_76a252aa.jpg

i253.photobucket.com_albums_hh47_mazdaoffroad_5371126c.jpg

After polishing internals before working on slide.
i253.photobucket.com_albums_hh47_mazdaoffroad_57f309e0.jpg

This is after I spent some time with it today. The finish is perfectly smooth as it was only chemically stripped, rinsed, stripped, rinsed etc. it gives it a flat almost bead blast finish look to it. Also went ahead and polished all the internals as well to smooth out the trigger pull on it.

To me it looks a million times better. Plus I like this because there is no finish to wear off, cause its just the bare metal but it still retains the stiff that keeps it rust proof.

Tell me what you think. Note any blemishes seen are from crappy camera and light tricks, the finish is PERFECTLY smooth. :)

i253.photobucket.com_albums_hh47_mazdaoffroad_23327fd6.jpg

i253.photobucket.com_albums_hh47_mazdaoffroad_aedfd202.jpg

i253.photobucket.com_albums_hh47_mazdaoffroad_d9ab2858.jpg

See post #28 for update. Glock said the frame had slight cracks so they replaced it with a Gen 3 Frame and ALL NEW internals. All that's left of te old pistol is the slide and barrel.
i253.photobucket.com_albums_hh47_mazdaoffroad_ef1456f7.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

I'm not sure if that's a coating or bluing on the Glock barrels, looks like bluing....I'm going to try and touch the barrel up tomorrow with some cold blue I have out in the shop.

Thanks guys!

I'm not sure if that's a coating or bluing on the Glock barrels, looks like bluing....I'm going to try and touch the barrel up tomorrow with some cold blue I have out in the shop.

the barrels are Glock's "Tennifer" coating, just as the slide is. That G23 looks really good!

Nice job! I really like to see an "old beater" spiffed up. It still has a lot of life left in it and now it looks great! Congrats.

I have done several slides the same way..except i blasted them with some 50 grit alum oxide...i usually heat mine slightly..then rub down in oil..it keeps you from having that worn slide look..

You done good..looks great..

Back
Top Bottom