• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Quick Glock refinish. Update

Just finished dry firing it literally 1,000 times, no bs i counted...The trigger is very smooth now compared to when I got it back from Glock earlier today with all new parts. My hands and finger are cramping right now...lol

It goes for pretty much any firearm, as long as there is no frame damage like gouges, cracks, chunks missing etc, and as long as the slide or action doesn't have any major dents or dings, it can be made like new again or better.

Unless it's a glock, then the frame gouges and cracks are a plus :P

That's GREAT! Grats!

I bought one that the slide was perfect but someone had rattle-can stannicused the frame. When I got most of the paint off I found that the ijit had rough sanded the frame before painting it. When I took it to Glock for a check-up they looked it over and couldn't find any real damage to the frame so couldn't replace it. It's all new inside and functions perfectly but remains ugly.

The Glock night sights are $57($60.99 with tax) installed and have a 15 year warranty.

I have had 2 Glocks refinished and am not a huge fan of the RE-finish work they do. It is more of a parkerize type finish than the newer finish Glock puts on at the factory. More like the Gen1-2 slides. One of the ones I had done had been partially stripped with a Dremel and had swirls marks on it. When it came back it still had the swirl marks, just UNDER the new finish. My ONLY disapointment with Glock service is their re-finish.

chevy, you did an awesome job on that old 23. gotta love living in georgia and having glock so close. if it were me, i'd ceracoat the slide and stick a fork in it... done.

Is it ok to powder coat a glock slide? I have powder coated a Ruger 10-22 receiver before and it turned out ok. Reason I ask is the durokote finish on my Glock 17 is flacking off and I want to refinish it.

Back
Top Bottom