• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Quick Glock refinish. Update

1. Heat the water to boil in a Stainless or glass pot
  2. Add the black powder from the battery
  3. Drop in the steel wool pad
  4. Heat the solution to 185deg and the steel wool will begin dissolving
  5. Add about 1/2 cup of the Klean strip and bring solution to 185 degrees.
  6. Now hang the slide from a coat hanger or wire and dip into the solution while it continues to cook
  7. Allow it to sit for 20+ minutes and make sure the temperature is maintained at 185-195 deg the entire time.
  8. Remove the slide and immediately wash with hot water then set it down in the motor oil for about 10-12 hours.

When you pull it out it should look like new again. I did a Steyr M40 a few years ago and it looked brand new when I finished. It's pretty durable as well.

Add a little draino, windex and sudafed and you got meth after the slide is done!

Add a little draino, windex and sudafed and you got meth after the slide is done!

Then you can do like 20 more slides that same day and get the laundry done while vacuuming and making sushi rolls for the neighbor's sister that just flew in from Anaheim and has a rash.... oooooh a butterfly

the barrels are Glock's "Tennifer" coating, just as the slide is. That G23 looks really good!

Either way, it's a metal treatment and not just a coating, the barrel will be protected even without the finish, it's just an added measure. If nothing else, cerakote for cheap...People haven't been happy with the glock refinishes...

Well the improvement just took a huge leap...lol...

I took it up to Glock today to get them to look it over since it was going to be my carry gun.

Well they said the frame had some light internal cracks so they replaced it with a gen 3 frame, the trigger bar was slightly bent and they said it could fire without having the trigger fully pulled which is not good....

So other than the barrel and the slide EVERYTHING is brand new and the newest versions of each part. Also I got them to put the FACTORY Glock STEEL sites on it. These are NOT nite sights, just steel ones and extended mag release and slide release.....And they swapped out my two old mags for brand new gen4 mags

So now I basically have a brand new pistol and brand new mags... :) Who wants to trade?...lol

i253.photobucket.com_albums_hh47_mazdaoffroad_ef1456f7.jpg

i253.photobucket.com_albums_hh47_mazdaoffroad_5a3bceb3.jpg

Well the improvement just took a huge leap...lol...

I took it up to Glock today to get them to look it over since it was going to be my carry gun.

Well they said the frame had some light internal cracks so they replaced it with a gen 3 frame, the trigger bar was slightly bent and they said it could fire without having the trigger fully pulled which is not good....

So other than the barrel and the slide EVERYTHING is brand new and the newest versions of each part. Also I got them to put the FACTORY Glock STEEL sites on it. These are NOT nite sights, just steel ones and extended mag release and slide release.....And they swapped out my two old mags for brand new gen4 mags

So now I basically have a brand new pistol and brand new mags... :) Who wants to trade?...lol

i253.photobucket.com_albums_hh47_mazdaoffroad_ef1456f7.jpg

i253.photobucket.com_albums_hh47_mazdaoffroad_5a3bceb3.jpg

Ol Chevy, how much was the steel sights? I practice doing one handed reloads sometimes using my belt, metal sights would be much better for that application. By the way, awesome job man!

Ol Chevy, how much was the steel sights? I practice doing one handed reloads sometimes using my belt, metal sights would be much better for that application. By the way, awesome job man!

20 bucks installed.

They also have a new "luminescent steel sight" for 20 front and 20 rear but it's what I have above for double the price and they use the luminescent paint instead of white, so it has to be charged by light, so I didn't care for it and even the Glock Armorer was like yeah it's pretty stupid.

Then they have there normal Glock night sight for I think 56? I'm not sure though.

Back
Top Bottom