Quick Question about checking stolen guns

Would you use an app to check for stolen guns

• Total voters

chopper duke

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
205   0
Reaction score
If there was a smart phone/ tablet app that allowed you to enter a guns serial number ONLY (no other info) and it would check it against NCIS, etc for stolen firearms, would you use it? Why or why not?

If there was a smart phone/ tablet app that allowed you to enter a guns serial number ONLY (no other info) and it would check it against NCIS, etc for stolen firearms, would you use it? Why or why not?

It would certainly make it harder for a criminal to sell a stolen gun to the "no bill of sale", "no GA. drivers license" "no CCW permit" buyers wouldn't it. That is if these buyers took the time to run the serial number. :spy:

It would certainly make it harder for a criminal to sell a stolen gun to the "no bill of sale", "no GA. drivers license" "no CCW permit" buyers wouldn't it. That is if these buyers took the time to run the serial number. :spy:

That was my thinking but I know the tinfoil hat crowd would think that if one came back stolen the black SUVs would roll up on the spot within a few seconds.

I might use it if it was a website with a list of all stolen serial numbers and mfg. and you could simply scroll through the list. No 'query' needed, no way to know which number you have your eyeballs on. If that existed, sure.

This is paranoia to the extreme but I would still rather do this than typing in a specific number :lol:

Although I would check serial numbers anyway if it were possible

Back
Top Bottom