Quick Question about checking stolen guns

Would you use an app to check for stolen guns

• Total voters
I might use it if it was a website with a list of all stolen serial numbers and mfg. and you could simply scroll through the list. No 'query' needed, no way to know which number you have your eyeballs on. If that existed, sure.
How about a combination of the two. A partial S/N lookup select manufacturer, and put in 3-5 numbers and then get a list. Therefore a quick way to search but no "Match"

Hmmm, an app on a device that will have access to my location, phone number, and other personal information. Now, let's add the serial number of the firearm I'm about to buy... and connect to a government database.

No thanks. Yes, I am paranoid.

Hmmm, an app on a device that will have access to my location, phone number, and other personal information. Now, let's add the serial number of the firearm I'm about to buy... and connect to a government database.

No thanks. Yes, I am paranoid.
Has our federal government given you ANY reason to fully trust them with your liberties? Shame on you for such a thought....

Id use it. I would just want to know if it was stolen or not. Like zesty said, If I have to give personal info... **** all that. Aint going to do it. I already dont like the class 3 process. Plus I hate having to call the clayton county police and having them come to my house and run the serial. That is a PITA.

Id use it. I would just want to know if it was stolen or not. Like zesty said, If I have to give personal info... **** all that. Aint going to do it. I already dont like the class 3 process. Plus I hate having to call the clayton county police and having them come to my house and run the serial. That is a PITA.

If it's on your phone, you wouldn't have to input personal info. The app would have access to it by just being on your phone. Your data could be sent without you even knowing it.

Maybe that sounds crazy. Still, what's the likelihood that you'll buy a stolen gun without such a system? I'm betting it's somewhere south of a 1% chance. What's the likelihood that a government will one day use technology to spy on citizens? In the context of "eventually" I"d say it's somewhere north of a 99% chance. Why get the ball rolling for them?

Back
Top Bottom