• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Quick question about my trimmer

freedom

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
97   0
Reaction score
IMG_1245.JPG

My 22 collet keeps getting stuck. I've never had this issue before, but I don't reload that much. I've tried it on sized and unsized brass. All sized sticks, most unsized does. My setup is in the garage, so it's pretty cold but I've been running a ceramic heater for a couple hours knowing I would be out there today.

Lucky, I use a hand trimmer still...lol

Have you tried cleaning it up with WD40 and 0000 steel wool?

Does it have any surface rust?

Sent from my Droid Turbo using TapaTalk

Cleaned with oil and 00 steel wool, a little polishing with dremel and mothers polish and the sized are still not going in.

Are you supposed to trim before or after sizing or should it matter?

Cleaned with oil and 00 steel wool, a little polishing with dremel and mothers polish and the sized are still not going in.

Are you supposed to trim before or after sizing or should it matter?
I trim after sizing, as the cases grow after sizing. Maybe your expander ball is undersized? What's the diameter of your .22 trimmer pilot?

I trim after sizing, as the cases grow after sizing. Maybe your expander ball is undersized? What's the diameter of your .22 trimmer pilot?

That's probably what it is. I used a decapper die to deprime and took the decapping pin out of the sizing die.

It's lee. I know my rcbs 308 die had a expander ball on the deprimer. I think the lee one was a straight pin.

Back
Top Bottom