• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Quit Facebook! Here's How....

Yeah and around 05/06 when I managed a Radio Shack in the Macon Mall we had to block Myspace on our in store computers because of all the people wasting time there. But then Facebook killed it. I just expected that given the short attention span of milenials something would have replaced Facebook by now.
Off topic but, Macon Mall was a good place to take a date and hang out in the late 1970's when I was in high school. We used to drive up from Perry fairly often. Never a thought of crime of any kind and everybody was dressed casually, but nice. I haven't been there in probably over 20 years. I bet it looks like somewhere in Afghanistan now.

Off topic but, Macon Mall was a good place to take a date and hang out in the late 1970's when I was in high school. We used to drive up from Perry fairly often. Never a thought of crime of any kind and everybody was dressed casually, but nice. I haven't been there in probably over 20 years. I bet it looks like somewhere in Afghanistan now.
Have you been to Southlake Mall? It looks pretty much like that just a different shape. It's a shame too. I grew up walking around the Macon Mall. At one time there was a Camelot Music on the bottom floor and a Record Bar on the top floor.
In 95 they finished and opened a new section of the mall about half the size of the existing mall with Parisian's and Dillard's as anchors. It was really nice. Ironically that new section was the emptiest part of the mall by 06/07 and that entire end was demolished by 09.
I'd like to blame it all on Amazon and Walmart but the fact is if you go to YouTube you can watch wannabe gang fights in the food court. Plus most people try to avoid that whole end of Bibb Co these days.

Have you been to Southlake Mall? It looks pretty much like that just a different shape. It's a shame too. I grew up walking around the Macon Mall. At one time there was a Camelot Music on the bottom floor and a Record Bar on the top floor.
In 95 they finished and opened a new section of the mall about half the size of the existing mall with Parisian's and Dillard's as anchors. It was really nice. Ironically that new section was the emptiest part of the mall by 06/07 and that entire end was demolished by 09.
I'd like to blame it all on Amazon and Walmart but the fact is if you go to YouTube you can watch wannabe gang fights in the food court. Plus most people try to avoid that whole end of Bibb Co these days.
I drive by the Southlake exit on I-75 every day going to work. Used to take the family to Morrow for movies, the mall and to eat back in the early 1990's when we first moved to the metro area. That area has been "gone" for a long time now. I don't remember the last time I even got off at that exit.

Same here. Facebook and Twitter are just open sewers. I refer to them as " Hey Look at Me" public masturbator sites. I still can't believe FB has lasted this long. Remember how short lived Myspace was?
You know how you come on here and share your thoughts, pictures of your projects, tell us what you're getting drunk on this weekend and all that good stuff, facebook is pretty much the exact same thing.

You know how you come on here and share your thoughts, pictures of your projects, tell us what you're getting drunk on this weekend and all that good stuff, facebook is pretty much the exact same thing.
You're most likely correct in that statement. But it's still a different experience all together since not only is there common interest here but the demographic is the same. I spent about 2 hours last Saturday at @biker13 s birthday breakfast. Damn near everyone I met there was a few years older than me. I feel safe in saying that we all had very similar opinions and political leanings.
Facebook is very different than here because it's wide open to anyone with any opinion. Not saying that this site isn't but the nature of this site isn't libtard friendly.

You're most likely correct in that statement. But it's still a different experience all together since not only is there common interest here but the demographic is the same. I spent about 2 hours last Saturday at @biker13 s birthday breakfast. Damn near everyone I met there was a few years older than me. I feel safe in saying that we all had very similar opinions and political leanings.
Facebook is very different than here because it's wide open to anyone with any opinion. Not saying that this site isn't but the nature of this site isn't libtard friendly.
How would you know if you've never had a facebook though? On facebook I only see the things I choose to see, if I don't like something it takes half a nano second to unfollow it. Like I said in another thread my Facebook feed is pretty much just gun stuff, funny memes and videos, just like here except it's a different platform.

If all your friends and family and people you choose to follow are liberal douch bags and suck then yeah your Facebook will suck.

I got on facebook 3 years ago. My family is huge, so its good to see the pics of everyone. I went in to deactivate my account, but between family and work, there is no way I'm deleting my account. I did do as the cnet article instructs to deactivate apps. At first I was on it like a rabid dog, now I hardly look at it.

Back
Top Bottom