• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Quitting tobacco

Speaking of tobacco how do y’all like my chewing tobacco tooth? When I was younger I carried a wad of chewing tobacco up against it. It finally gave up and broke off during covid - when all the dentists were closed for months. My other teeth are still good to go.

Be careful with that tobacco juice up in your mouth.

Attachments

• 9DBFDC1F-F75C-4D3E-A2D0-4E5567349833.jpeg
    9DBFDC1F-F75C-4D3E-A2D0-4E5567349833.jpeg
    59.7 KB · Views: 15
I quit 15 years ago but from time to time I still think about it. I truly enjoyed it. Especially the Copenhagen Black! I see a lot of those tobaccoless alternatives everywhere and Ive flirted with trying them until I read the reviews.

I dipped 1-1.5 cans of cope a day for 10 years and quit cold turkey in 2015. Ever since then my anxiety has been horrible, and I still have the hypochondriac flare ups. If they ever come out with a cope long cut that doesn’t cause cancer I’m gonna be first in line.
I've been using ON nicotine pouches for a while. They don't have that immediate hit that dip
Speaking of tobacco how do y’all like my chewing tobacco tooth? When I was younger I carried a wad of chewing tobacco up against it. It finally gave up and broke off during covid - when all the dentists were closed for months. My other teeth are still good to go.

Damn. Mostly rotted from the inside out!

After roughly 16 years of being a heavy dipper, I quit cold Turkey a little over a month ago due to a throat issue that kind of freaked me out, but turned out to be silent reflux. Since then I have experienced a serious health anxiety with no real cause. Anyone else who can relate?

After roughly 16 years of being a heavy dipper, I quit cold Turkey a little over a month ago due to a throat issue that kind of freaked me out, but turned out to be silent reflux. Since then I have experienced a serious health anxiety with no real cause. Anyone else who can relate?
Wish I never started. I go through all kinds of hell if I quit dipping. Been using Copenhagen for 30 years. When I try to quit I am a stressed out, mean and hard to be around. I literally go through depression to the point my Dr tried to put me on Xanax and Paxil or some other ****.

Wish I never started. I go through all kinds of hell if I quit dipping. Been using Copenhagen for 30 years. When I try to quit I am a stressed out, mean and hard to be around. I literally go through depression to the point my Dr tried to put me on Xanax and Paxil or some other ****.
Maybe you could slowly cut back. It would take a long time, but your body would have a longer time to adjust. Meanwhile it would cost less and and it would be better than doing nothing

How long did you chew?

I dipped 1-1.5 cans of cope a day for 10 years and quit cold turkey in 2015. Ever since then my anxiety has been horrible, and I still have the hypochondriac flare ups. If they ever come out with a cope long cut that doesn’t cause cancer I’m gonna be first in line.
Let me know if you ever find it!
I keep wanting to stop and get a can, you know, just 1 for old times...

How long did you chew?
25 years or so, on and off. 13 to 40 or so. I remember searching for the fresh dates on the back of the cardboard Skoal cans with my buddies back in 7th grade. Mostly Skoal, Red Man for a few years, out on the job sites.

When I was quitting I’d buy a can, take a few pinches, and then throw it away.

If you can throw away a mostly full can, you are making progress.

I quit dipping in 2020 cold turkey while sick with covid. Best decision I've made in the last few years. I dipped for about 13 years at that point. I had a similar anxiety you describe but it kinda wore off over time when I didn't give into the nicotine cravings. I will say I have an occasional cigar a couple times of the year but being tobacco free has been a great choice.

Back
Top Bottom