• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Quota Hunts

The Chattahoochee Bend hunt is a pile up. I did it 2 years ago. A tree stand every hundred yards anywhere the road goes. I did get a nice big doe and saw a couple of nice bucks get shot.
But my advice is get their early to hang your stand and get as far back as possible.
Might want to scout the weekend before too... first day is a madhouse.

Like move in day for.college..

Chattahoochee Bend State Park is a great place to hunt. I've killed 2 good bucks in three hunts there.
My last hunt there I didn't see the first person. Saw two does and two bucks on the first morning. Tagged-out by 9:30. Forget trying to hunt the middle of the park, from N end to S end. Last time I hunted the N end I saw two deer that I just let walk get shot by hunters who slipped in on me or were the next ridge over. I got the hell out of that area after killing a doe on the first morning. Forget the areas along the power line and anywhere that there are walking trails. Those are deer hunter superhighways and it'll look like a pumpkin patch come daylight. Go to the East end of the park, East of Flat Rock Rd. Limited road access there deters a lot of hunters.

Back
Top Bottom