• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

RaceTrac- Non Ethanol Gas, Delk Rd

Not in any of my daily drivers but I do use non-ethanol exclusively in my classic muscle cars which don't get driven as much. I also keep some on hand during the winter months for my portable generator.
The non-ethanol stuff has a much longer shelf life.
I guess I was wondering more along the lines of newer vehicles, I have heard it will give around 10% better fuel milage.

Do any of yall run this in your trucks?
I have been using it a few years in my daily driver. Made about a 4-5mpg average improvement in fuel consumption. I know quite a few others getting sim results... some better and some worse depending on vehicle and driving style/conditions. If you want to do it, I'd suggest running two tanks through your vehicle and checking mpg's on your third tank. Then do the math and see if the gains are worth the cost.

Most of the energy increase actually comes from refiners being able to put more lower octane crap in the fuel because of the boost they get from ethanol. The ethanol itself does have a lower energy content, but it's only a max of 10% blended now so he max energy density you could lose is like 3%.

And usually it's the large carbon rings the fuel company adds more of I.e. Toluene, benzene, et al. They have a much greater effect on what the fuel does to polymers(hoses and gaskets) than the ethanol.

Source: chemistry.

Quik Trip Riverstone & 575 has non ethanol. Pumps stay busy with trailers in the morning and throughout the day. It has become my go to for gas, however the Chevron is still the only place close that has off road diesel.

The Golden Pantry at Atlanta Hwy and Timothy Road in Athens iis supposedly selling non-ethanol gas as well.

That's good to know, I'll have to go by and check it out. The station on the Commerce Hwy across the street from Riverside Mowers sells non-ethanol but it's almost $1.00 more a gallon. :nono:

Back
Top Bottom