• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Range in basement or garage

I use to shoot these in the basement.Not sure if they still make them or not.I had 38 & 44. They're driven by the primer,no powder involved and they are potent enough that I've mushroomed a few of them on concrete block walls.I wouldn't want to get hit by one of them.

2016-08-21 16.53.13.jpg

When I had a unfinished basement in the house I used to live in, I would test and chrono my .40 S&W loads for USPSA in the basement. Not a whole lot of it, just to verify function and speed. I fired into a stack of old phonebooks stacked against the concrete wall.

I have a partial daylight basement in the suburbs. We just fire away and hope for the best. No lead poisoning, fumes, laws or neighbors is going to keep me down.

I use a self healing target sitting in front of a BLOCK Crossbow target. It stops pellets and 22's all day long.

I use to shoot these in the basement.Not sure if they still make them or not.I had 38 & 44. They're driven by the primer,no powder involved and they are potent enough that I've mushroomed a few of them on concrete block walls.I wouldn't want to get hit by one of them.

View attachment 1362224

They're super loud though! Like you, I sure wouldn't want to be hit by one. Also bad... Still gives of the lead infested primer smoke. Virtually all of your lead ingestion is from the primer smoke. Metallic lead doesn't dissolve real well nor stay in the air.

My point being that you get all the lead problems with these plastic bullets that you do with real cartridges. I wouldn't suggest shooting a lot of them indoors for that reason, without good ventilation.

Ok guys, here's a pic of one of our target boxes. We use these with our bb gun team and most of our practices and matches are indoors.
IMG_20171023_1755397_rewind.jpg

Simple 1x4 frame, 1/2" plywood back with a piece of carpet inside and a cardboard face to attach the target to. Base is 3/4" plywood, floor flange and a section of pipe threaded on one end. A couple of conduit clamps on the back of the box hold it to the pipe. Easily adjustable height for different shooting positions.
Here is some pics of the targets we use too.
IMG_20171023_1624280_rewind.jpg
IMG_20171023_1627295_rewind.jpg

Back
Top Bottom