• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

RANGER Hung Up His Boots Today

Fear Itself

Boar Icon
ODT Junkie!
21   0
Reaction score
I lost a good friend a few hours ago. He was an irascible Philly tough guy with a soft heart that most never got to see. Went wherever Uncle asked him to go when he was younger and still able to jump. Was decorated multiple times for his actions under fire.

When his knees went away, he came home and built a business that provided for his family. He was rough around the edges and he didn't let many in close. He was a survivor-pure and simple.

Once, years ago when I had lost my career, he told me to come work with him-even though he knew I had zero skills in his trade. Of course I screwed up almost immediately. He looked at me and said to get over it, that the only perfect man was crucified years ago! I will carry that in my heart forever.

I didn't realize how much he meant to me. I was lucky to have known him for so many years. I salute you, Mike! You were a Hell of a man and the world is a little emptier with your passing.

RANGER

I lost a good friend a few hours ago. He was an irascible Philly tough guy with a soft heart that most never got to see. Went wherever Uncle asked him to go when he was younger and still able to jump. Was decorated multiple times for his actions under fire.

When his knees went away, he came home and built a business that provided for his family. He was rough around the edges and he didn't let many in close. He was a survivor-pure and simple.

Once, years ago when I had lost my career, he told me to come work with him-even though he knew I had zero skills in his trade. Of course I screwed up almost immediately. He looked at me and said to get over it, that the only perfect man was crucified years ago! I will carry that in my heart forever.

I didn't realize how much he meant to me. I was lucky to have known him for so many years. I salute you, Mike! You were a Hell of a man and the world is a little emptier with your passing.

RANGER

Sorry for your Loss.

Condolences for your loss.

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!

Ranger Creed:

Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger, fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession, I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor, and high esprit de corps of the Rangers.

Acknowledging the fact that a Ranger is a more elite Soldier who arrives at the cutting edge of battle by land, sea, or air, I accept the fact that as a Ranger my country expects me to move further, faster and fight harder than any other Soldier.

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be, one-hundred-percent and then some.

Gallantly will I show the world that I am a specially selected and well-trained Soldier. My courtesy to superior officers, neatness of dress and care of equipment shall set the example for others to follow.

Energetically will I meet the enemies of my country. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might. Surrender is not a Ranger word. I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country.

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight on to the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor.

Rangers lead the way!

Condolences for your loss.

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!

Ranger Creed:

Recognizing that I volunteered as a Ranger, fully knowing the hazards of my chosen profession, I will always endeavor to uphold the prestige, honor, and high esprit de corps of the Rangers.

Acknowledging the fact that a Ranger is a more elite Soldier who arrives at the cutting edge of battle by land, sea, or air, I accept the fact that as a Ranger my country expects me to move further, faster and fight harder than any other Soldier.

Never shall I fail my comrades. I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight and I will shoulder more than my share of the task whatever it may be, one-hundred-percent and then some.

Gallantly will I show the world that I am a specially selected and well-trained Soldier. My courtesy to superior officers, neatness of dress and care of equipment shall set the example for others to follow.

Energetically will I meet the enemies of my country. I shall defeat them on the field of battle for I am better trained and will fight with all my might. Surrender is not a Ranger word. I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country.

Readily will I display the intestinal fortitude required to fight on to the Ranger objective and complete the mission though I be the lone survivor.

Rangers lead the way!

I appreciate you posting the creed! Thanks for everyone's condolences.

RANGER
So sorry for your loss,
Godspeed Mike!
RLTW

Back
Top Bottom