• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

RBGC 2019 Run-and-Gun (5k/10k)

I was on the waiting list but recently got a slot in. Anyone got any pointers for a first timer on training?
Been running several times a week already, just ran the Peachtree this morning. Occasionally run with the plate carrier, are the plates required to be in during the event?
I suppose my next step should be running with full kit on and hitting the gun club on the weekends.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I was on the waiting list but recently got a slot in. Anyone got any pointers for a first timer on training?
Been running several times a week already, just ran the Peachtree this morning. Occasionally run with the plate carrier, are the plates required to be in during the event?
I suppose my next step should be running with full kit on and hitting the gun club on the weekends.

What you are doing is right on. No plates required to run.

I'm on week 5 of running with a 12 lb weight vest, switching to 20 lb in 2 weeks. Battling a little bit of shin splints due to the extra weight but coping. Carbine with LPVO is already set up and confirmed to 700. Actually took it to 800 but had to dial and hold to get there as 3GR ran out at 700 with my load. Pistol (365XL, yes I'm running it arrived Wednesday (I'll pick it up next week) and six 15 round mags are on the way. Holster shipped yesterday. Got my pants and shirt and silicone water bottle. Still working on final shoes and belt/pack/loadout.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I'm on week 5 of running with a 12 lb weight vest, switching to 20 lb in 2 weeks. Battling a little bit of shin splints due to the extra weight but coping. Carbine with LPVO is already set up and confirmed to 700. Actually took it to 800 but had to dial and hold to get there as 3GR ran out at 700 with my load. Pistol (365XL, yes I'm running it arrived Wednesday (I'll pick it up next week) and six 15 round mags are on the way. Holster shipped yesterday. Got my pants and shirt and silicone water bottle. Still working on final shoes and belt/pack/loadout.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

What kind of mileage and per mile time are you up to?

You're doing great!
Ha, eh, thanks. It sure doesn't feel like it. I thought the last 2.5 years of CrossFit meant I could run distance again with no problem. Does. Not. Translate. At 41, it feels nothing like I remember it at 25. I think I will be ok, but I'll know more when I get to the 20lb vest. My biggest concern honestly is moving that dummy. I weigh 143 lbs soaking wet so if it's a 200 lb dummy drag, it's going to be a task. Either way I'm enjoying preparing.

Make sure your Cardio is good, a sling is nice, make sure your are familliar with your holster

Back
Top Bottom