• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

RBGC 2019 Run-and-Gun (5k/10k)

How much extra ammo on top of the required amount are you carrying?
Are you carrying all on a plate carrier, belt, or splitting it up?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
This is my first one so don't listen to me but most do run some type of plate carrier or sling bag/pack along with a belt set up.

I set myself up to only have a belt.

I also read most recommended twice the course minimum with ammo. At this point I think I've decided on slightly less than that at 80 rounds of 5.56 and 75 pistol.

How much extra ammo on top of the required amount are you carrying?
Are you carrying all on a plate carrier, belt, or splitting it up?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
No idea. extra ammo will be in pouches or on clips for me. Probably going to get two extra pistol mag pouches so i can run four on my belt

I just finished my first one in NC a couple weekends ago. I ran a belt with two pistol and two rifle mags on it and water, extra mags, etc in a pack. I'd make sure to start a stage with a full mag in place. Stages weren't advertised, so it was harder to plan. Pack is being replaced by chest rig, so too much stuff slung around me wasn't fun.

The game part of it was difficult for me. I am used to accuracy being king and running fast being secondary, just never trained for speed. I ended up with full mags at the finish line, but shot very deliberately. I realize now that isnt how to win.

rustyboy rustyboy that is very true. Check out the scores of any event and you will see that there are some people who are phenomenal (top 5) shooters and mid-pack runners. There are also super fast runners that are mid-pack shooters. The key is to balance both while being outside of your comfort zone for both is the magic of RnG!

Back
Top Bottom