• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

RBGC 2019 Run-and-Gun (5k/10k)

Make sure your Cardio is good, a sling is nice, make sure your are familliar with your holster
Cardio is good without any weight, going to step it up. I have a sling on my rifle but have never ran with it, I'll know if it works or not this week. The holster I'm going to use for this is a safariland ALS, new but I've already started working with it

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Man, I'm definitely, definitely doing this next year. Looking forward to hearing about the course, and I'll start training ASAP.

My wife and I's first child is literally due on the day this is happening - so there's my excuse for missing this year, lol!

Cardio is good without any weight, going to step it up. I have a sling on my rifle but have never ran with it, I'll know if it works or not this week. The holster I'm going to use for this is a safariland ALS, new but I've already started working with it

ALS is a good choice, if your pistol falls out of the holster it's a DQ.

My ALS low ride just came in yesterday. It has been a nightmare finding one that is a lowride and doesnt need a wml.
Safariland was too expensive, optics planet told me 4 month lead time after i order, and finally ordered from amazon and it showed up in a few days

Entire load out now complete or already ordered, except for pants. Almost there. Hope to have every thing in place by 8/1 and give myself 4 weeks to make sure everything is nailed down.

My ALS low ride just came in yesterday. It has been a nightmare finding one that is a lowride and doesnt need a wml.
Safariland was too expensive, optics planet told me 4 month lead time after i order, and finally ordered from amazon and it showed up in a few days
I have mine mounted on a drop flex adapter with a strap. It was great on the range, I'm going to run with it in the morning and see how it does.

Entire load out now complete or already ordered, except for pants. Almost there. Hope to have every thing in place by 8/1 and give myself 4 weeks to make sure everything is nailed down.
I ordered some Vertx Hyde pants since they had a sale this week. I was originally going to use regular hiking pants I already have but they won't stretch in the right places if I have to get in any awkward positions. I want to cross the finish line balls out but not "balls" out

How much extra ammo on top of the required amount are you carrying?
Are you carrying all on a plate carrier, belt, or splitting it up?

Back
Top Bottom