• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Reach out there>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>*

What rifle do you have Bear? I reviewed some old load notes and found my previous rifle(Savage 110BA) liked Lapua brass, Federal 215M primers, Barnes 225gr TSX pushed with 98 gr of H1000. I had some trouble with stabilizing heavier bullets. This Stealth has a 9.3::1 twist I'm hoping to get an accurate load in a 280(+) gr bullet.

As far as a range goes here in Elberton we have a 400 yard range but most of my shooting will be with my son's in PA. We shoot up to 1500 yards there. You'll think I'm nuts but I've actually shot a big fat groundhog at around 1300 yards.
This is the load that gives me 0.5 MOA:
Berger 250gr. Elite Hunter bullets.
95 grains of H1000 powder.
COAL to ogive is 2.998.
Nosler Custom Brass
Federal 215M Primers
Muzzle Velocity is 2952fps.

The rifle is a Remington 700 XCR Tactical that has been accurized by Red Hawk Rifles. It was shooting a reliable 0.75 MOA before I sent it to Red Hawk. It has 1-10 twist, so it shoots the 250 grain better than the 300 grain. With a 1-9.3 twist you should have no problem with anything up to 300 grain.

In for range report and if you didn't notice the scope doesn't match........:rolleyes:
Yep, I had to put something on it just to get a picture. Like a kid in the candy store. I'm torn between Nightforce vs USO. The two I'm looking at are withing $100 bucks of each other. A mounting system is in the works as well. With the recoil of the 338 I need a solid platform.

Back
Top Bottom