• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is this gas block too far out?

JSw1ft

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
13   0
Reaction score
Just worried that pin will be damaged. This is just a dry fit. 13.7 Roscoe barrel, superlative arms adjustable gas block, mcmr10 rail. Don't really want to buy a new rail, but the gas block is more expensive.

Attachments

• PXL_20240207_021453644~2.jpg
    PXL_20240207_021453644~2.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 83
  • PXL_20240207_021438340.jpg
    PXL_20240207_021438340.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 81
If it's for adjustment and you need access and you don't want to remove the rail it's fine.

It may still get hit like cmshoot stated which may adjust it for you.

There are some rails that have cut outs or can be cut out to still give access.

A longer rail with the top section removed a bit may be all you need.

plenty of service rifles in history have exposed gas blocks. Just get it pinned and it will be fine
Oh, this argument.

We've come a long way in the past 80 years. There's a reason that none of those rifles are still in active service.

Don't disparage a pinned gas block.

If you know you know is a saying you hear a lot.

I did armory work for a while and have even seen sheared pins...even rust under a non parkerized gas block or three.

Inside and out there is a reason they stake certain parts of an M4.

Guns were tools, a hammer if need be in an emergency.

Some guns have fallen out of trucks, down stairs and helicopters.

If your rifle is slung at anytime while you are moving, running a breacher, helping a victim to safety while your team covers you it will eventually get banged around.

Hell I fell down a mountain and into a river....broke a front sight ear off my rifle.
( Gravity Sucks )
I hated the AR style rifle for years...it had to evolve a bit on me.
But...if it's hard use gun build it tough.
Preparation buys you time.

Just look what Marines do to M4's and Ospreys.

Oh, this argument.

We've come a long way in the past 80 years. There's a reason that none of those rifles are still in active service.
lol what year do you think it is?
The mk12, mk17, mk11, m110, m16a4, m4a1, 416a5 (gb pokes out same amount as OP) all occurred within the past 20 years and still remain in some form of service today. The list could go on and on if I had the interest to keep looking around for examples not off the top of my head

Back
Top Bottom