Read and good books lately?

My favorite books tend to be true stories. Here are a few I’ve read and really enjoyed. Looking for some other recommendations

The Forgotten Man- great book about the depression

Blackhawk Down

In the Company of Heroes -pilots perspective from Balck Hawk Down - awesome book- heart wrenching but great

American Sniper

I used to love Tom Clancy books- but now prefer true stories over fiction.

Yep, you learn from true stories. Biography of teddy Roosevelt- not of his entire life, just from the time he graduated from Harvard to he went back east from his time out west ranching. Biography of Henry Ford. Read the Bible through in last 6 weeks. Its on Gutenberg - easy read on your computer, on my iPhone also. FDR biography.

Anyone who likes Vietnam era stories should check out Matterhorn by Karl Marlantes.

Been reading the A Song of Fire and Ice series lately. Anyone who likes Game of Thrones will like the books even more.

Oldie but goodie, Rogue Warrior by Dick Marcinko who was the founder of Seal Team Six. Very fast read and very interesting. Also, Phil Robertsons first book, Happy, Happy, Happy. BTW the co-author of the Duck Dynasty books is from Georgia. I believe a UGA grad.

Finished Armageddon: The Battle for Germany 44-45 by Max Hastings recently, it was pretty good. His companion book about the Pacific battle is called Retribution and is also quite good.

Currently reading Free Women Free Men by Camille Paglia (don't judge me). It's pretty interesting because it's a collection of her writings and lectures from the early 90's up to 2015 or 2016 and she wrote stuff in 92 that could apply to the anti free speech PC nonsense going on today on college campuses.

Zeake Zeake how is 12 Rules?

Oh, and I forgot.........ATLAS SHRUGGED, which should be required reading in schools imho.
One could argue that we are living those times.

Back
Top Bottom