Realty question

This is a first for me and I have been involved in real estate for maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany years. I have had to cut the corner off of a concrete driveway just to show separation between me and the neighbor before the closing attorney would close. I have seen fences that had to be moved, and storage sheds "repositioned", and even a couple of old junker cars that had to be towed a few feet, but NEVER a house that needed to be chainsawed down the middle!!
The entire area was owned by one family then divided up between 8 children my house has been in wife's family since it was built the family has been selling off lots since 1945

I wouldnt get their attorney involved. You gotta hire the best one. Get a bulldog.
How do you even know it's your house and the half that the house is sitting on is even yours?

Hopefully you got property surveyed before you bought it, which it does not sound like you did.
You are in for a long battle if the owner of other lot does not want to work with you..
One of my employees went through this same thing. They ended up letting house go back to the bank.. This was 3 years ago and the house still sets empty..

How do you know that the property line goes through your house? Was a survey done by a Surveyor, or are you going off the tax accessors map?

Back
Top Bottom