• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recommend a good OTF knife

CFO II, #218
microtech2.JPG
microtech1.JPG

Single action is scary. I bought an Aliexpress close to see if I liked the mechanism. I don’t. Two hands to close and with the safety it’s more slow to deploy than a standard folder.

The nice thing about Double Action is that you can put it away quickly. I have young kids and making the blade disappear quickly one handed is a nice safety factor.

Also check out Protech. Side folding but fire hard, reliable, fast, and great steel

Single action is scary. I bought an Aliexpress close to see if I liked the mechanism. I don’t. Two hands to close and with the safety it’s more slow to deploy than a standard folder.

The nice thing about Double Action is that you can put it away quickly. I have young kids and making the blade disappear quickly one handed is a nice safety factor.

Also check out Protech. Side folding but fire hard, reliable, fast, and great steel

I would never carry a single action OTF. Having the blade under high spring tension in my pocket, just waiting to release and skewer one of my balls... No thanks!

Double Action is faster, easier and safer.

I would never carry a single action OTF. Having the blade under high spring tension in my pocket, just waiting to release and skewer one of my balls... No thanks!

Double Action is faster, easier and safer.
Microtech springs are never under long term tension..?
Do you even Microtech?

I bought a Cobra Tech one and it was decent without paying 350 for one. I mean when and how often are really going to use it. You can spend a million bucks waiting for the end of the world. You don't need to buy the absolute best to get a good one.

It wasn't real cheap I think I paid about $150 for the one I got. But it was sharp enough to shave the hair off your arm and it was a good solid piece. It had good weight and a smooth action and I liked it.

Back
Top Bottom