• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recommend fish finders

Maggiemaeodie

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
52   0
Reaction score
I’m looking for one that’s simple. Depth is most important. I’ve had 2 Lowernce Hook 4 that won’t power up. So I’m not expecting something cheap, just not over priced.

I would look at 7 inch in the Lowrance in older models they normally will mark them down about 1/2 price when a new model comes out,look at the touchscreen ones beats going thru all the button.bass pro will have them or Russell marine online.

I would look at 7 inch in the Lowrance in older models they normally will mark them down about 1/2 price when a new model comes out,look at the touchscreen ones beats going thru all the button.bass pro will have them or Russell marine online.
no matter what u get, the more u use it the easier it gets, it’s real easy to spend a lot on electronics for boats, what is real important is when u mount your transducer make sure it is going straight down, other wise your looking somewhere other than under the boat!..if u have to cut a wedge of wood that makes up the sloap of the hull it’s not hard to do, just use a lot of 5200 to seal it water tight

no matter what u get, the more u use it the easier it gets, it’s real easy to spend a lot on electronics for boats, what is real important is when u mount your transducer make sure it is going straight down, other wise your looking somewhere other than under the boat!..if u have to cut a wedge of wood that makes up the sloap of the hull it’s not hard to do, just use a lot of 5200 to seal it water tight
Damn guess I was talking to the wrong person..sorry

Did u check the fuse..they do burn out?
Yes. It lights up for about 1 second but won’t come on . I went all over the electrical connections. Also the Hook 4 has trouble doing that . My 2 ain’t the first do do it. Lowrence customer service will not ret calls on this either.
I appreciate your input. Oh and everyone else too.

Yes. It lights up for about 1 second but won’t come on . I went all over the electrical connections. Also the Hook 4 has trouble doing that . My 2 ain’t the first do do it. Lowrence customer service will not ret calls on this either.
Have u tried wiring right to your battery, and bypassing the buss bar?

Sounds ,like low voltage

Back
Top Bottom