• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Recommendations for a decent Torque wrench?

I ended up with a Husky from Home depot. It should work for head bolts and intakes and the occasional Kaiser blade I reckon. Ummm hmmm.

1656082245988.png

Guess desired quality of the tork wrench depends
on whether it's for use on your yard tractor or your
Bonneville salt flat car.

Rent a copy of 'My Couson Vinny'. Don't remember
what brand it is but Marisa Tomei gives a good tutorial
on torque wrenches.

Same here, I am curious to how accurate it is after all these years.
Mine I'm sure are still good, I only use them when absolutely needed. Which isn't that often since I'm not a professional mechanic and only work on my own stuff. I can't remember what the + or - specs are. I do still store them in their original package. Off the top of my head I'd say 3%. I'm sure the digital ones are more precise, but they're also electronic. Which is prone to more problems. Mine just work as they were intended.....They last......That has always been my mindset

Mine I'm sure are still good, I only use them when absolutely needed. Which isn't that often since I'm not a professional mechanic and only work on my own stuff. I can't remember what the + or - specs are. I do still store them in their original package. Off the top of my head I'd say 3%. I'm sure the digital ones are more precise, but they're also electronic. Which is prone to more problems. Mine just work as they were intended.....They last......That has always been my mindset
I use mine for lug nuts, brakes/suspension, and frame related work. I wouldn’t trust it’s preciseness for engine work.

Back
Top Bottom