Redneck vs Hillbilly

Like a lot of words, "redneck" and "hillbilly" can be derogatory depending on context and who is saying it or they can be a literal compliment.
I personally embrace my inner redneck (I do think hill billy requires a home topography I can't claim), but being Cajun, it's kind of hard to feel insulted by anyone attempting to disparage a heritage.

To the OP 2 observations.
1) Use I-20 to keep it simple for your Yankee friends (they probably need it).
2) I'm fairly certain you can't claim either having voted for Hillary. You could claim to be a "progressive redneck" I suppose.

Or hillary-billy

I was born just outside of Boston.... Left before I could walk.... teenage and early adulthood in Florida....Still consider myself a southern Yankee...

Now.... My father... born and raised in Boston area... Passed away a few year back... in Florida.... He was proud to call himself a Redneck

I'm not from the mountainous areas,from Georgia my whole life....but if it pisses somebody off cause I consider myself a backwoods redneck hillbilly...then I'm happy

Like a lot of words, "redneck" and "hillbilly" can be derogatory depending on context and who is saying it or they can be a literal compliment.
I personally embrace my inner redneck (I do think hill billy requires a home topography I can't claim), but being Cajun, it's kind of hard to feel insulted by anyone attempting to disparage a heritage.

2) I'm fairly certain you can't claim either having voted for Hillary. You could claim to be a "progressive redneck" I suppose.
Thats cause you a cracker.

Trae Crowder has a YouTube channel titled "Liberal Redneck." I posted it in the politics forum but no one replied ...

Back
Top Bottom