• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Registered Lightning Link Installation-Legality

Not adverse to freedom... adverse to 10 years in prison.

Breaking the law as it stands isn't 'freedom', it's criminality. You can argue that the law is unjust, and do whatever you think is right to get it removed or changed, but breaking it doesn't make you free, it just makes you a criminal.

So people who escaped slavery (law of the land at the time) were criminals?

How’s that “getting things changed” working out?

It’s either a right or it isn’t. If it’s a right you don’t have to ask anyone’s permission to do it.

This mindset is why you have lost the battle.

I think there are plenty of people who do exactly what your talking about. They just don't go and shout about it online for everyone to see.

Not saying you need to advertise you did or didn’t do anything.

No more than you need to go and ask the question.

Just stop asking for permission to use your rights.

It’s either a right or it isn’t. If it’s a right you don’t have to ask anyone’s permission to do it.

1) Yes, at that time they were breaking a law.

2) Worked out in the end, I seem to remember slavery was abolished ?

3) A right is only effective when society allows you to exercise it, whatever rhetoric you want to employ, and they change over time, like it or not.

3) A right is only effective when society allows you to exercise it, whatever rhetoric you want to employ, and they change over time, like it or not.

Wow.

Not even sure where to start unpacking that.

If you had been a slave you wouldn’t have tried to escape since it was a crime?

You don’t believe in natural rights? Because that’s not how rights work at all. At all. You’re only allowed free speech until society tells you you aren’t? What happens when society tells you you can’t own firearms any longer?

Might want to rethink some of that?

To be really honest, slavery still exists. The 13th Amendment abolishes "Involuntary" slavery, meaning I cant be taken against my will to be someone's property without any fault of my own. Slavery now exists when one commits a crime and now has "Volunteered" to be a slave of the system. I love the fact that doing the right thing is not the law, because the law is different from justice. The law is, this person did this and deserves punishment, justice is when something happens and the system looks into the situation and does the right thing to prevent it from happening again. The Founder's are rebels and broke laws that the King put in place, but are regarded as hero's. Americans don't consider the Boston Tea Party a bad thing, even though they broke laws by looting and littering the water with tea. But America considered Dr. Martin Luther King Jr and other African Americans law breakers when they stood up for freedom and equality. Its the same game, just different players. Even though the fact is that slave owners "raped" innocent slave women/girls, but the law says that anyone with black skin/African descent is to be below the white man in every aspect and has no place/right/jurisdiction to challenge anything. So the fact that Dred Scott was born a male, and had a penis, he wasnt in the Constitution's (law eyes) definition as a man because of his skin color. My father used to tell me that he would walk on the bus, put his nickel in the machine to pay his fare, he would have to get off the bus even if it was pouring down raining. Had to walk through the back door to properly get on the bus. And if there was 20 empty seats in the white area, his skin color barred him from sitting there because of the law. Even though he never been to jail, was employed, and always paid his taxes as a citizen should, he didnt get to relish those "American liberties" as he should because of the law. Hell, after the Civil War, the enemies of the Union we're treated better than the slaves and received reparations for the land, slaves, and other loses they suffered from the war. Laws aren't created as just to keep order, but to keep certain groups of people in a certain place/class. Which ends this story as how the world has been operating since its inception. No matter who you are, how much taxes you pay, or who you know, the only price you can pay for freedom is putting your life on the line. Whatever your belief's are be prepared to defend them with your life as that is the only price that can be paid for freedom.

Back
Top Bottom