Remington 521T Complteted

New to the forum and just picked up a 521t from the local pawn shop. Curious to see how yours turned out. How about some pics of the drilled holes, mine seems to have some on top of the receiver. Not sure if factory or not.

Jay Mrosek

Some people drilled and tapped these rifles for Weaver style scope mounts which can still be found if yours does not have them. The side mount on mine is also typical of the timeframe. If you look at my pic with the scope in it you can see two holes in the rear side of he reciever. From all the reading I have done these are the only holes that came factory, and they were there for the reciever sight that came on these. Mine did not come with the sight. And as far as the holes, I had them welded in/over and filed down before the cerakote was done.
Actually if you look at the first picture with the bare stock you can see the barrel. If you look at the pic and see the silver area at the back, you can make out the holes after they were filled and filed. You might have to enlarge your zoom but you can see the area i am talking about.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom