• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remington 700 30.06

Boogar Presley

Army Icon Supporter
Ordinary average guy
24   0
Reaction score
I have a Remington 700 30.06 on an Archangel stock
Date code has it made in Sept, 1982. It's been painted, I removed the cheap scope and bipod it had on it. Cosmetically it needs to be cleaned up. I'd like to put a wood stock back on it, the Archangel isn't my thing. I'm used to 22LR and 22mag, sometimes the 5.56. I have no experience with large caliber rifles
Is this a good rifle? Is it worth cleaning up or should I just sell it and find something else?
IMG_1943.JPG

I had an ADL model in that date range in .308 years ago and it was the sweetest shooter ever. You can't go wrong with an older 700 as far as quality of craftmanship and the 30-06 is the flattest trajectory round there is for hunting less than 300 yards or so.
JMHO but I'd keep it, find a stock, clean it up and shoot the s*** out of it.

I would clean it up and put it back into a wood or laminate BDL stock. Rebule or Cerakote it midnight blue, new trigger, new scope and you’re ready to rock and roll. Definitely worth it. I love my .30-06 ADL.

Most any gunsmith that builds custom rifles should have a couple of stocks on hand. The 700 is a great action to start a custom build on so they usually have them.

Back
Top Bottom