• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remington 700 in .223 won't extract/eject

when you say it is having trouble extracting the case exactly what happens does it extract but is hard to pull the case out or does it fail to extract the and the bolt losses grip on the case??

1st issue may simply be a rough/dirty bore. second issue is the extractor plus the dirty bore

suggest you clean the chamber Really well

also if its tough to pull out then it may be a small chamber or high pressure loads

try another makers load

extracting unfired cases would tend to indicate the extractor is working

not ejecting may be that the ejector is sticking(dirt grim brass shavings). take some Kroil or PB( yuck) and soak the ejector while you push it in and out with a punch

700 extractors are just fine.. owned or worked on hundreds of 700 and never replaced or had one fail

I'm giving you all of this second hand, I'm afraid. I don't have the rifle with me now. But Monday I pushed the ejector with a punch like you are talking about. It didn't seem to stick at all. When we were at the range he shot it and the case got stuck in the chamber. I know that there was some Russian steel case crap in the mix somewhere but don't remember where. I just remember him having to feed a cleaning rod from the muzzle end to free the case. Thanks all, for your help.

suggest to him to drop the steel cr** in 700 and only use good quality ammo also clean the chamber Really well. then start over

Send it in to Remington, they are like Lpold... If you call them usuallt all you have to do is send it and pay for shipping only. I had them replace something on my Police and all I was responsible for was shipping. :thumbup:

Remington Will Take Care Of The Gun...But He Dosen't Need The Warranty. The Bolt Face Is Filthy.. Take a Brass Brush And Air Tank And CLEAN it. Then Polish It Back With Some Mothers Polish..The Brass Shavings Are Getting Under The Exstractor Is The Problem..

I agree. Clean the weapon first. That bolt face is totally skank with brass. Swarf it out and from under the extractor and go shooting.

Back
Top Bottom