• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Remington 76xx Police Pump 223 anyone.

Triathloncoach

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
201   0
Reaction score
I have always liked these. I have never shot one and you do not see them around, almost never. A few years ago I almost bought one on the ODT.

I did handle a regular wood 7600 in ?308 or 30 06, the gun felt loose and almost flimsy. I didnt like it. Will the 76xx likely feel the same to me?

Good guns? Tough to find for sale. Or to get a price.

I've had a Remington 7600 synthetic carbine for many years. It has the same controls as an 870 shotgun. As far as "loose and almost flimsy", I don't know what you're referring to, unless it's the slight amount of slack in the forearm/slide bars, which is perfectly normal, and acceptable(It IS a pump-action rifle, after all).

You missed an opportunity, if the price was decent. The rifle you are referring to is the Remington 7615 (the '76' for 7600 series; '15' for AR15 mags/cal.). The 7600 rifle is very accurate due to its' free floating barrel. Search: 'Remington 7615' for info & videos.

www.americanrifleman.org ; click 'menu', scroll to 'rifles', click 'pump action'; there are two old reviews, '760', & '7615'. These were produced in 2 calibers; a '7600P', in .308(AR10 mags); & a '7615P', in .223(AR15 mags). Some were available with AR-style collapsible stocks.

They are probably similar.
My uncle used a 760 in .30/06 for over 40 years in the deer woods and he killed more deer than most men would kill in 5 lifetimes. And more big deer than most would kill in 10 lifetimes. He was paralyzed from the waist down for the last 20 years of his life, and he took a slew of deer while hunting on a golf cart, from 20 yards out to past 300.
I would say the rifle is probably GTG, and I'm not a Remington guy.

I have always liked these. I have never shot one and you do not see them around, almost never. A few years ago I almost bought one on the ODT.

I did handle a regular wood 7600 in ?308 or 30 06, the gun felt loose and almost flimsy. I didnt like it. Will the 76xx likely feel the same to me?

Good guns? Tough to find for sale. Or to get a price.

I've got a few of these. I love em. Let me know if you'd like to handle or shoot one before you try to score one. You're right as they're difficult to locate. Like I said I've got some. One in 223/556 and one in 308..

Back
Top Bottom