• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Repairs to our Fortress of Solitude ouch!

looks good !
te maint and repairs is always fun.

I do a major project on our house every year,
we have been in the house 20 years,, and it was built in 72, so always needs something,
i painted it inside and out by myself, with a roller, before we moved in.

our house has 13 sides, with each side 8 feet long.
when we bought it, I knew a section of the first floor wall, was slipping out from under the second story, so we had cinder block support collums in out living room for a month while we jacked up the second floor and used a home made 8 foot long crowbar to push the wall back in place, and I welded up some metal brackets to tie the walls and beams together.

couple years ago I replaced all the windows, we have 11, and they are all five feet tall and seven feet wide.
one year I replaced the insulation in the attic,
one year I noticed the fireplace hearth was tilting,so I removed the bricks and replaced the rotten wood underneath, and installed real stone on the new hearth and wall,

one year i replaced two of the rotten triple 2x10 16 foot long support beams, and last year I replaced two more.
one year i replaced all the tile in a bathroom,
the exterior needs pressure washing and painting,

he 37 yr old AC still blows cold, but Is going to get replaced in the next year.
coming up next is turning the crawl space into a half basement. and finding a builder to construct us a 3 car garage.

Back
Top Bottom