• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Replacing my speakers in the door of my Sierra 1500 SLE

Same here, no clue these days. I haven't had to replace one in a very long time. However I do have a GMC that's had one on the fritz for a while. I just adjust the stereo control so that it doesn't rattle....
Well these trucks are infamous for letting water get down inside the door and destroying the speaker cones. So it's not a situation of if but when. All four mine are shot so there is my dilemma. They sell little polyethylene or polypropylene covers that go over the top so that the water runs down over them instead of on them. They're only seven bucks a pair but I figure it's worth it since I'm going to keep this truck a good long time.

I replaced all the speakers in my RAV4 with JBL’s 3.5 dash and 6.5 for each door. They are plenty loud enough with the stock headunit pushing it and sounds really good hi to low.

I also found a complete Infinity speaker set for my F-150, great mids, but I need to add tweeters.

I definitely recommend the JBL, but to each their own.
I'll look into those as well I know they're good speakers Well I say that they were awesome speakers back in the day.

I got some of the Kenwood Performance Series speakers and I'm very impressed. I got them at Best Buy when they had a Kenwood sale. Normal $90 a pair but I got them for $40 a pair.
I have four of them on a Rockford 300 watt amp and they handle every bit of the power. Very clean sound like a much more expensive set. I also added a set of Kenwood tweeters up front.

Looks like Crutchfield has them for $67 a pair

I got some of the Kenwood Performance Series speakers and I'm very impressed. I got them at Best Buy when they had a Kenwood sale. Normal $90 a pair but I got them for $40 a pair.
I have four of them on a Rockford 300 watt amp and they handle every bit of the power. Very clean sound like a much more expensive set. I also added a set of Kenwood tweeters up front.

Looks like Crutchfield has them for $67 a pair
Dude when I was in high school Kenwood was the shiznit. You could buy a pair of full-on pioneer 6×9 speakers for 59 to 79 bucks a pair. We used to build boxes for those and put them between the seats and you talking about rocking out. Those systems sounded good back then. Pioneers been around a long long time and I can't see them going backwards with all the advancements in technology and whatnot. I've always had a special place in my heart for the pioneers especially the older head units for vintage cars. I can't remember the name of the head units but it was a very specific one like the SUPERTUNER III. That in conjunction with the graphic equalizer you could do some serious damage to the eardrums buddy. Those were the days!

Well these trucks are infamous for letting water get down inside the door and destroying the speaker cones. So it's not a situation of if but when. All four mine are shot so there is my dilemma. They sell little polyethylene or polypropylene covers that go over the top so that the water runs down over them instead of on them. They're only seven bucks a pair but I figure it's worth it since I'm going to keep this truck a good long time.
Interesting, guess I shouldn't be surprised. Mine is an 02 model. It started giving trouble after about a year or two. Guess it hasn't been that bad

Dude when I was in high school Kenwood was the shiznit. You could buy a pair of full-on pioneer 6×9 speakers for 59 to 79 bucks a pair. We used to build boxes for those and put them between the seats and you talking about rocking out. Those systems sounded good back then. Pioneers been around a long long time and I can't see them going backwards with all the advancements in technology and whatnot. I've always had a special place in my heart for the pioneers especially the older head units for vintage cars. I can't remember the name of the head units but it was a very specific one like the SUPERTUNER III. That in conjunction with the graphic equalizer you could do some serious damage to the eardrums buddy. Those were the days!
Yep, I guess that's another reason why my ears have been ringing a long time now. However there are newer more powerful models now

Back
Top Bottom