Restore headlights...

Hotdiggitydog

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
0   0
Reaction score
I've seen several articles and threads about restoring headlights. Toothpaste, baking soda, Off bug spray, expensive store bought products, you name it. I stumbled upon a really easy way to restore them.

While lubricating my hood release cable on my MB wagon, I accidentally spilled some WD-40 onto one of the headlights. I took a shop towel and wiped it off. As soon as I made the first stroke, it was amazing how the light looked. I added more WD to the towel and did all of the lights. I was very surprised. Mercedes Benz are notorious for bad light lenses.

I did this about a month ago but didn't want to post about it until I saw some results. It works. I wash my car once a week and just wipe the lights with the WD after I dry it off. Like new. Has anybody else tried or heard about this?

HDD

I haven't tried the WD40, but I have used sand paper on those that have a lot of yellow.
I would start with 400 grit and continue up to 1000 grit, then rubbing compound, and polish.
It all depends upon the severity of the fading.

I haven't tried the WD40, but I have used sand paper on those that have a lot of yellow.
I would start with 400 grit and continue up to 1000 grit, then rubbing compound, and polish.
It all depends upon the severity of the fading.

Yeah, I went that route and it works really well. Just a lot of work. I used all of the ones in my OP at one time or another. WD is the best so far.

HDD

Here is a picture of it. Would be better if the sun was out.

HDD
WD-40.jpg

Attachments

• WD-40.jpg
    WD-40.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom