Restore headlights...

I would recommend opening the hood and taping off any painted surface.
I use 400grit, followed by 1000grit wet sanding, then the Alum Polish.

Months after coating mine with WD-40, I had to replace them because they both were covered with spider cracks. I guess the sun and oil didn’t go well with the plastic.

That's good to know Just1more. My car is garaged most of the time, but just in case, I will use it on my truck for awhile also. It is outside more.

HDD

I would recommend opening the hood and taping off any painted surface.
I use 400grit, followed by 1000grit wet sanding, then the Alum Polish.

I found it much easier to remove the headlight, (full size Chevy truck) it makes it much easier and faster.
I devised a small buffing wheel that I put in my cordless drill.

I've been told that a coat of clear coat will help keep them from yellowing again.

I found it much easier to remove the headlight, (full size Chevy truck) it makes it much easier and faster.

I've been told that a coat of clear coat will help keep them from yellowing again.
I tried the clear coat after buffing. It put a haze on it that I had to rebuff out.

I did my son's tail lights using a high speed polisher in a vice. They still look new 6 months later. Well, the one that didn't get launched across the garage still looks new, the new one I had to buy is, well, new. Keep a good grip when using this method.

I saw a guy on YouTube suggesting the clear coat. I was a differen kind though. He said some clear coats will turn yellow. I'll check it out again.

HDD

just get some buffing compound and a high speed buffer like the ones a body shop uses to buff after wet sanding. lnib

Back
Top Bottom