• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

**Revocable living trust amendments**

Kaotiktribe

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
137   0
Reaction score
If im owner of a trust how easy can i amend the successors of a trust?

This gonna require a lawyer or?

Mainly had this thing for cans and SBR's over the years, but since then was divorced and then remarried. Quite some years now just totally forgot about this thing lol.

To my understanding it all depends on how your trust is written ... it could be as easy as having the new co-trustee sign with the guarantor in front of a notary the additional co trustee amendment and acceptance of new trustee form. Again it depends how your trust is written if guarantor or settlor can make changes to the trust or not. If you’re in doubt of anything just let a lawyer read the trust so no harm is done.

To my understanding it all depends on how your trust is written ... it could be as easy as having the new co-trustee sign with the guarantor in front of a notary the additional co trustee amendment and acceptance of new trustee form. Again it depends how your trust is written if guarantor or settlor can make changes to the trust or not. If you’re in doubt of anything just let a lawyer read the trust so no harm is done.

Thanks. Yah no co-trustee's. I am sole owner, but have successors listed in case i pass. Successors did not need to sign anything either. Just list name and info like address and what not.

If im owner of a trust how easy can i amend the successors of a trust?

This gonna require a lawyer or?

Mainly had this thing for cans and SBR's over the years, but since then was divorced and then remarried. Quite some years now just totally forgot about this thing lol.

I know this is going to set the ODT universe atwitter. but you need to sit down with a lawyer, and review your actual trust. maybe even pay the lawyer for his or her time and services. Anathema though that may be.

Failure to do so could involve BATFE, IRS, Georgia Estate Law, and the really neat thing, is, it might even effect you, your heirs will get to deal with these federal agencies without having a clue as to why they are involved.

But HEY, you will have saved them your attorney fees.

I know this is going to set the ODT universe atwitter. but you need to sit down with a lawyer, and review your actual trust. maybe even pay the lawyer for his or her time and services. Anathema though that may be.

Failure to do so could involve BATFE, IRS, Georgia Estate Law, and the really neat thing, is, it might even effect you, your heirs will get to deal with these federal agencies without having a clue as to why they are involved.

But HEY, you will have saved them your attorney fees.

From my research so far there is not needed, but no concern touching base with a lawyer or paying anyone.

Any ODT recommendations?

This isnt a new trust by the way. Have had it about 7-10 yrs or so.

A Revocable trust can be revoked by the grantor or settler of course, but you're asking about keeping the trust intact and just changing some of its provisions.

Well, what does the document itself say about that? Mine has a lot to say about that in more than one location, but again my NFA trusts run 12 to 15 pages crafted by a Georgia licensed Attorney-- they're not mass printed from some national company who's only concern is whether ATF will accept them on a one time only basis for that one transaction you contemplate.

Beneficiaries get a distribution from the trust when the trust ends.

Of course a trustee could also be one of the multiple beneficiaries of a trust.
Assuming they are qualified to receive a distribution in kind from a NFA trust.

But what the hey, the lawyers can work those details out later.

BTW, Georgia law has changed on how contributions to the trust should be made, and most of the on-line forms don't take the change into account.

Back
Top Bottom