Revolution - NBC Show this fall

07JKX

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
106   0
Reaction score
Anyone see the trailer yet? Has a One Second After feel and sci-fi mix it. I guess I will check it out and see if has potential. With the threat of EMP being very real, I am interested to see how the show protrays its characters dealing with the loss of all modern electrical technology.

http://www.nbc.com/revolution/

Last edited:
I'll give it a chance, but I don't know if it's going to require me to turn off more of my brain than I'm comfortable with. It looks like all the weapons are swords and bows. Will and EMP take out my gunpowder with my Aimpoint?

I'll give it a chance, but I don't know if it's going to require me to turn off more of my brain than I'm comfortable with. It looks like all the weapons are swords and bows. Will and EMP take out my gunpowder with my Aimpoint?

I saw some black powder applications... it supposedly takes place around 15 years after the event. Based on One Second After, there would have been many wars, disputes, etc. taking place in that time. Not to mention routine use of firearms for hunting. I could... possibly reason to believe that fixed munitions would become a more rare item as time progresses. Even for reloaders, primers gone, powder manufacturers (and raw material producers) gone, bullets (aside from cast your own) gone.

The supply would ultimately dwindle and expire. People would have to rely upon reusable/manufacturable items such as bows and crossbows. Black powder rifles would be more user friendly (flintlock style).

I've got a couple buddies that acted in this, without giving it away I'd say I'm giving it a 6.5 out of 10. Has potential, but I'm not sure if it'll meet the hype

Not your powder but your aim point and my eotech are toast.

Last edited:
I've got a couple buddies that acted in this, without giving it away I'd say I'm giving it a 6.5 out of 10. Has potential, but I'm not sure if it'll meet the hype
Acted in the pilot that was filmed here in Atlanta or on the actual show which is filmed in Wilmington NC? I worked or work on both. Fun fact, the location used for the pilot which was filmed in Atlanta is now being used by the people making hunger games 2.

It's NBC. They are anti-gun all the way and if I were a betting man, the only people on the show who will have guns are the bad guys.
I will not watch anything on NBC or MSNBC for that matter. They are so far left they turn in a circle.

Back
Top Bottom