• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

RIA commander 10mm Problems,

Keep us posted on your progress.

I have a RIA .45 that's been a dang pleasure to shoot - so much I've had to replace the recoil spring...

Two areas come to mind.

The breach face can be polished and importantly when that long round taps the mirrored polished feed ramp it hits the top of the hood/chamber at 12 o'clock. That needs to be polished as well.

It's worst with 135 grain HP's. 180 grainers should be easy to get to feed.

Two areas come to mind.

The breach face can be polished and importantly when that long round taps the mirrored polished feed ramp it hits the top of the hood/chamber at 12 o'clock. That needs to be polished as well.

It's worst with 135 grain HP's. 180 grainers should be easy to get to feed.

I had polished to the top of the chamber where the round hits at 12 o'clock b/c I thought that might be the issue.

I will keep u all posted, I plan to shoot it again today

I have the full size 10mm and have never had a single jam. Mine has run like a sewing machine, even when it was going full auto 3 or 4 rounds into a mag, which was an issue caused by a gunsmith that was promptly fixed by another gunsmith. The only real problem I have with mine is I shoot it very poorly compared to .45 1911s.

I have the full size 10mm and have never had a single jam. Mine has run like a sewing machine, even when it was going full auto 3 or 4 rounds into a mag, which was an issue caused by a gunsmith that was promptly fixed by another gunsmith. The only real problem I have with mine is I shoot it very poorly compared to .45 1911s.
That's good to hear, how many rounds you got down the pipe

That's good to hear, how many rounds you got down the pipe

I have no idea the total rounds through the gun, since I bought it from a member here. My personal round count through it is probably somewhere less than 500, which may partially explain my inability to shoot it well.

Here's mine. It's had quite a few modifications since I bought it though. Most of the internal moving parts and everything external, other than mag release, slide release, and hammer, are either Ed Brown or Wilson parts. Grips are slim Dan Wesson and sights are truglo tfo.
20170421_224920.jpg

I have no idea the total rounds through the gun, since I bought it from a member here. My personal round count through it is probably somewhere less than 500, which may partially explain my inability to shoot it well.

Here's mine. It's had quite a few modifications since I bought it though. Most of the internal moving parts and everything external, other than mag release, slide release, and hammer, are either Ed Brown or Wilson parts. Grips are slim Dan Wesson and sights are truglo tfo.
View attachment 1145653
Nice set up

So it seems with polishing internals and deburring every imperfection I could find on the barrel or slide I am 100 percent with sig 180 factory ammo and factory magazine. However my reloads sometimes won't cycle the slide far enough to pick up a new round. I am at a maximum charge of 10.7 gr of blue dot and a 180 gr xtp thing about trying power pistol, have any of you used this in 10mm loading

So I brought this RIA commander 10mil last april, jams (FTF), Sent it back to Rock Island they had it turned around in a week, ran great, Now I am getting live round stove pipes, jams(FTF) and Failure to strip a round from the mag. The feed ramp has been polished to a mirror shine, I have 3 mags and this happens with all of them. one factory, a medcar and a chip McCormick. Bullets include, Sig 180 ,Remington 180, underwood 220, and my reloads with Hornady 180 and magtech 180.
I am not limp wristing. Talked to Bob at Bob's custom firearms in Palmetto, He Said the RIA don't heat treat the steel hard enough to handle the 10mm round and also said colt has the same problem. Have you guys ever heard this?

Any ideas as to what could be the cause?
It needs a good ejector...the RIA's are made with soft metal ejectors.

Back
Top Bottom