• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

RIA commander 10mm Problems,

It needs a good ejector...the RIA's are made with soft metal ejectors.

I certainly would not argue with BOB , but I have a early RIA Tactical II (now the ultra) , its a full sized government 1911, I am well north of 2000 rounds of pretty stout hand loads.
it runs great, is fairly accurate and reliable.
I think mine has a 21 pound recoil spring in it and has been replaced once, the thing still throws spent cases about 25 feet though.
I typically (like most always) shoot 155 grain range ammo and use 150 grain JHP for self defense.
but honestly it so far runs on every weight that I have used and same for nose configuration, JHP, Flat Point, etc.
can't say how well the shorter Commander works.

RIA 10-5.JPG
RIA 10-8.JPG
RIA 10MM Target.JPG

I certainly would not argue with BOB , but I have a early RIA Tactical II (now the ultra) , its a full sized government 1911, I am well north of 2000 rounds of pretty stout hand loads.
it runs great, is fairly accurate and reliable.
I think mine has a 21 pound recoil spring in it and has been replaced once, the thing still throws spent cases about 25 feet though.
I typically (like most always) shoot 155 grain range ammo and use 150 grain JHP for self defense.
but honestly it so far runs on every weight that I have used and same for nose configuration, JHP, Flat Point, etc.
can't say how well the shorter Commander works.

View attachment 1148241 View attachment 1148243 View attachment 1148246
My full size .45 needed 1 after about 500 rds.

So it seems with polishing internals and deburring every imperfection I could find on the barrel or slide I am 100 percent with sig 180 factory ammo and factory magazine. However my reloads sometimes won't cycle the slide far enough to pick up a new round. I am at a maximum charge of 10.7 gr of blue dot and a 180 gr xtp thing about trying power pistol, have any of you used this in 10mm loading

If factory rounds work and reloads don't, suspect the reloads.

Chrono both loads and see what you have. You might have a wimpy can of powder, and are not generating the fps you think you are. I have one can of powder that is under power on everything I load. Another that is a touch hot.

Chronographs really help in a situation like this.

New ria mag problem solved.

Glad to hear all is well.

RIA/Armscor was at the convention and they were selling .45acp 1911 mags - 7 and 8rdrs - for $10 apiece and a free t-shirt. I bought three on Friday and four on Saturday. Killer deal!

Got to fondle one of these 10mm double stacks at the show - much want!

armscor.com_images_products__product_gallery_large_BigRock_LeftAngled_2.jpg

Not a fan of the full rail but oh well...

Back
Top Bottom