Riding in Shorts and other ramblings

Dress for the slide, not the ride!

I always armor up and cover up.

Lady in the office and hubby ate asphalt after a deer hit them on the way to Waffle House on a Sunday AM. Shorts and pavement left road rash beyond belief. Both have to wear long pants and long sleeve shirts.

Have never ridden with shorts on.Try to wear some type of leather on my arms at all rides.But I dont care what others ride with.I had road rash from my right ankle to the top of my head from a slide.Hurt like hell for a long while.

Have never ridden with shorts on.Try to wear some type of leather on my arms at all rides.But I dont care what others ride with.I had road rash from my right ankle to the top of my head from a slide.Hurt like hell for a long while.

Amen. I gear up 99.9999% of the time but it's no sweat of my back if some clown wants to have someone wipe his butt for him for 6 weeks.

MASSHOLES

Oh, they saved my life and kept me from being a vegetable the rest of my life. Most people who hemorrhage a brain aneurysm die and the few who don't mostly turn out with serious disability. I walked out of the hospital and went back to work 6 weeks later.

I will never say an ill word about Massachusetts General Hospital.

Oh, they saved my life and kept me from being a vegetable the rest of my life. Most people who hemorrhage a brain aneurysm die and the few who don't mostly turn out with serious disability. I walked out of the hospital and went back to work 6 weeks later.

I will never say an ill word about Massachusetts General Hospital.
I meant the drivers not the hospital, I got beat up by 11 Hispanic gents woke up there

Shorts, no shorts... that is not the question. Last time i fell on the street i was wearing jeans, leather jacket, and tennis shoes. I ended up highsiding coming out of a corner with (aparently) some gravel in it, And tumbling down the road.

Wanna know what happened? The jacket rode up as i tumbled, and my lower back got skint up (luckily it did protect the rest of my upper body). My jeans wore through in the usual places quick and i got skint there too. The worse part was both my shoes flew off as i tumbled and my feet got hurt pretty badly. I only found one shoe after the fact and had to navigate the aftermath on bare bloody feet which obviously got infected and it wasnt much fun.

Whats the point to this story? Full leathers and boots willl probably protect you pretty well (disreguarding a sudden stop which makes the whole thing academic
), anything less and you are gonna bleed if you come off.

I still ride in whatever on the street (even though i have always had full leathers) because i rarely get the chance to "just ride" but i do try to be careful.

Back
Top Bottom