Riding in Shorts and other ramblings

From '78 to '82, in my youth, I rode in shorts, a tee-shirt and tennis shoes. Did have a full face Bell helmet.

My thinking was (sometimes still is), that a helmet was the difference between dead and being a vegetable. I never wanted to be a vegetable. I also stopped riding and sold both my Harleys when my youngest daughter was born. I suppose after they are both grown and living on their own, I'll buy another ultra classic (if they are still around in 8-12yrs).

My thinking was (sometimes still is), that a helmet was the difference between dead and being a vegetable. I never wanted to be a vegetable. I also stopped riding and sold both my Harleys when my youngest daughter was born. I suppose after they are both grown and living on their own, I'll buy another ultra classic (if they are still around in 8-12yrs).

Yep. After totaling my '80 Suzuki I stopped riding for 25 years; got married, career, kids. When they were a junior and senior in high school, I started riding again. They're both out of the house and thriving now at 26 and 28.

I'll be 57 this year. Have bike, will travel. I don't want to waste away in a nursing home like my dad.

Yep. After totaling my '80 Suzuki I stopped riding for 25 years; got married, career, kids. When they were a junior and senior in high school, I started riding again. They're both out of the house and thriving now at 26 and 28.

I'll be 57 this year. Have bike, will travel. I don't want to waste away in a nursing home like my dad.

What do you ride? The most fun I had was when I'd slid up on the back seat and kick back with the radio cranking hank jr. Folks would go crazy and several would take a picture to see if there was a driver there or not...

What do you ride? The most fun I had was when I'd slid up on the back seat and kick back with the radio cranking hank jr. Folks would go crazy and several would take a picture to see if there was a driver there or not...

Just got a 2008 Gold Wing. Been riding a 1985 GL1200 since 2007.

Back
Top Bottom